"Sweetberry's Barwon Heads Page" Barwon Heads by Sweetberry1
Barwon Heads Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 17 photos
Barwon Heads is located on the mouth of the Barwon River has a population of about 1300 permanent residents that swells to many times that around the Christmas holidays.
It has always been a holiday resort providing plenty of opportunities for relaxation.
Around 1880 the Mount Colite coffee palace was built providing the first accommodation in town, it burnt down in 1929 and later replaced with a licensed hotel that still stands.
Barwon Heads is a quiet, laid back little village, where people come to get away from the daily grind of city living. This is a lovely place to relax, maybe throw a line into the water, or just walk along the beach.
This sign greets you as you enter the township..
- Pros:Easy going, relaxing, beautiful beaches and scenery.
- Cons:Most likely, a lot more people during the holidays.
- In a nutshell:Great if you need a break from the big smoke.
The name of the series has been changed from Tropical Fever to Sea Change and the fictitious town, Mona Bay, has become... more travel advice
There is a Caravan/Camp site by the beach.. Can't see much in my photo of this place, as it is surrounded by trees, So,... more travel advice
Sweetberry1's Related Pages
Barwon Heads Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Barwon Heads
- Hotels in Barwon Heads
- Restaurants in Barwon Heads
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Barwon Heads
- 12 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Barwon Heads?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Barwon Heads
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hervey Bay Intro, 82 reviews, 101 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geelong Intro, 66 reviews, 83 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 60 reviews, 62 photos
- Killeen Intro, 57 reviews, 59 photos
- Honolulu Intro, 41 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 40 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 49 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 47 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 28 reviews, 29 photos
- Texas Intro, 25 reviews, 27 photos