"Sweetberry's Gympie Page" Gympie by Sweetberry1
Gympie Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 65 photos
Gympie is known as 'Queensland's Golden City' following Queensland's first gold rush in 1867.
You can relive the tradition that has given Gympie its special place in history. At the Gold Mining Museum, displays covering the gold rush days are mingled with exhibits such as the Lighthorse Museum and Andrew Fischer House to provide an outstanding range of cultural as well as historical exhibits.
Gympie has a population of 60,000 and is the gateway to the Cooloola Region, featuring Cooloola Coast,
Cooloola National Park and Fraser Island as well as the Mary Valley with State Forest Parks.
Gympie also has many magnificent historical buildings, that have been beautifully restored.
This page is Under Construction
- Pros:Lovely Historical City, Beautiful scenery, Much to explore..
- In a nutshell:All of the Cooloola district is well worth a visit..
At the Gold Mining Museum, displays covering the gold rush days are mingled with exhibits such as the Lighthorse Museum,... more travel advice
Beautifully restored buildings from the Gold Rush Era add a lot of character to this charming Town.. The Town Hall is... more travel advice
Sweetberry1's Related Pages
Gympie Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Heading North on the Bruce Highway to Gympie"
- "Sweetberry's Gympie Page"
- "Gympie - the name speaks for itself"
- "Gympie (old gold mining town)"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gympie
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Gympie?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gympie
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hervey Bay Intro, 82 reviews, 101 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geelong Intro, 66 reviews, 83 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 60 reviews, 62 photos
- Killeen Intro, 57 reviews, 59 photos
- Honolulu Intro, 41 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 40 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 49 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 47 reviews, 47 photos
- Dallas Intro, 28 reviews, 29 photos
- Texas Intro, 25 reviews, 27 photos