"Sweetberry's Singleton Page" Singleton by Sweetberry1
Singleton Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 20 photos
In 1820 John Howe led an expedition to the fertile valley of St Patrick's Plains. Many settlers followed and began raising stock on their grants of land. Within a generation the pastoral district was flourishing and traders also came to establish their livelihood.
A township grew on the banks of the Hunter River, taking its name from one of the original discovering party, Benjamin Singleton.
For the first one hundred years of its history the agricultural industry dominated the region. However, the discovery of vast resources of coal in the area has transformed Singleton into the State's largest producer of coal, giving the Shire a twofold industrial profile.
Singleton has evolved from a quiet country town to one of the most progressive commercial centres in the State, continuing to experience further mining developments, and is diversifying into other industries.
Located 200kl northwest of Sydney.
And 80kl. west of Newcastle..
- In a nutshell:Lovely place for a 'Country Visit'
Hey.. with a name like this, how can they not be a good eatery? ;-) There are also many other eateries and take aways,... more travel advice
Sweetberry1's Related Pages
Singleton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sweetberry's Singleton Page"
- "SINGLETON...HUNTER REGION ..NEW SOUTH WALES.."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Singleton
- 11 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Singleton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Singleton
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hervey Bay Intro, 82 reviews, 101 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geelong Intro, 66 reviews, 83 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 60 reviews, 62 photos
- Killeen Intro, 57 reviews, 59 photos
- Honolulu Intro, 41 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 40 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 49 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 47 reviews, 47 photos
- Dallas Intro, 28 reviews, 29 photos
- Texas Intro, 25 reviews, 27 photos