"Ithaca NY - Finger Lake Region" Ithaca by windoweb
Ithaca Travel Guide: 233 reviews and 303 photos
The Indian name "Cayuga" means "boat landing." Many people identify with Cayuga Lake because of the line "Far Above Cayuga’s Waters" in the Cornell University song.
Cayuga Lake, the longest of the Finger Lakes, is just under 40 miles long, is 3 1/2 miles wide at the widest point, and has an average width of 1 3/4 miles. It is 435 feet deep at the deepest point off King Ferry (second only to Seneca Lake in depth) and at 384 feet above sea level is the lowest of the Finger Lakes.
Staying here August 2011 for two nights to visit our family. Ithaca and the finger lakes region is a great destination... more travel advice
Nestled on the southwest slope of one of Ithaca's most picturesque settings, Six Mile Creek Vineyard is a boutique... more travel advice
windoweb's Related Pages
Ithaca Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Like the Lady Said: Ithaca is Gorges"
- "Ithaca, almost like a second home"
- "Ithaca - Finger Lakes Base"
- "Ithaca (is Gorges), New York"
- "So much to do"
- "Journey to Ithaca"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ithaca
- Hotels in Ithaca
- Transportation in Ithaca
- Nightlife in Ithaca
- Restaurants in Ithaca
- Shopping in Ithaca
- Warnings and Dangers in Ithaca
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ithaca
- 7 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Ithaca?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ithaca
Photos in IthacaSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Punta Cana Intro, 12 reviews, 39 photos
- Toronto Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nassau Intro, 14 reviews, 18 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- New York City Intro, 13 reviews, 17 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 13 reviews, 17 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San José del Cabo Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Cape May Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Erie Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos