"windoweb's new West New York Page" West New York by windoweb
West New York Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 5 photos
The Panama Rocks are reputed to be the world's most extensive outcropping of glacier-sculpted, ocean-quartz-conglomerate rock. Geologists believe the rocks originated as sand and gravel sea islands, over 300 million years ago. The islands were part of a huge river delta. Over aeons, the islands were covered by thousands of feet of sediments, and were 'pressure compacted' into rock. About 165 million years ago, the rock was fractured and uplifted to its present altitude [1650'].
During the last Ice Age, a glacier cut-into and unearthed the rock. Since that time a lush, mixed forest has grown over the site.
Panama Rocks - off Route 474, Panama, New York. (716)782-2845
windoweb's Related Pages
West New York Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "windoweb's new West New York Page"
- "New Jersey in Winter"
- "Beautiful West New York"
- See All...
- See All...
Badges & Stats in West New York
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to West New York?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in West New York
Photos in West New YorkSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Punta Cana Intro, 12 reviews, 39 photos
- Rome Intro, 11 reviews, 27 photos
- Toronto Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 14 reviews, 18 photos
- Nassau Intro, 14 reviews, 18 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 13 reviews, 17 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San José del Cabo Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Cape May Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos