Cape May Things to Do Tips by windoweb
Cape May Things to Do: 77 reviews and 139 photos
Cape May Point, NJ
The Light beacon flashes every 15 seconds and can be seen from 24 miles out at sea. The present day lighthouse is actually the third lighthouse built at Cape May point and was constructed beginning in 1857 by the Army Corps of Engineers.
There are 218 steps from the ground to the top, with 199 steps in the tower's cast iron spiral staircase.
From the top you can see a beautiful view of all Cape May point, Sunset Beach and make out the sunken concrete ship "The Atlantis", over to the amusement piers in the Wildwoods.
Directions: Located in Cape May Point State Park, Lower Township
More Reviews (11)
- You will want to return here
- Strolling in the garden
- Historic Cold Spring Village
- Great fresh lobster
- Cape May's Washington Street Mall
- Sunset Beach
windoweb's Related Pages
Cape May Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "VICTORIAN CAPE MAY"
- "A week by the sea"
- "A STEP BACK IN TIME"
- "Welcome to Cape May NJ"
- "The town of no milkshakes!"
- "SURFIN7TH's new Cape May Page"
- "Very Victorian Cape May"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cape May
- Hotels in Cape May
- Transportation in Cape May
- Nightlife in Cape May
- Restaurants in Cape May
- Shopping in Cape May
- Warnings and Dangers in Cape May
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cape May
- 12 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Cape May?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cape May
- Posted in Travel Paris Forum "Re: Looking for Paris hotel..."
- Commented on one of garridogal's Cape May travel pages
- Wrote a Review You will want to return here in Cape May Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "You will want to return here"
- updated a Cape May Travel Page "Our Honeymoon destination"
Photos in Cape MaySee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Punta Cana Intro, 12 reviews, 39 photos
- Rome Intro, 11 reviews, 27 photos
- Toronto Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 15 reviews, 19 photos
- Nassau Intro, 14 reviews, 18 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 13 reviews, 17 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San José del Cabo Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Cape May Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- Beaches- 12 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Victorian Houses- 9 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Cape May Lighthouse- 14 Reviews, 34 Photos
- Whale Watching- 4 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Trolley Tours- 4 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Biking- 5 Reviews, 4 Photos
- Historic Town Center- 5 Reviews, 4 Photos
- Birdwatching- 5 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Cape May County Zoo- 3 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Emlen Physick House.- 5 Reviews, 6 Photos
See All Cape May Things to Do