"Our Favorite Travels" windoweb's Profile
We started with an overnight stay in Honolulu. We stayed at Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa. It is only steps from the world-famous Waikiki Beach and the Pacific Ocean.
The cruise portion had overnight stays in the lovely islands of Maui, Hawaii and Kauai. On Norwegian Pride of America, we sailed to four Hawaiian islands in seven days.
We spent two nights in Rome then we were off for a Mediterranean Cruise.
This photo is Mike and I at a wine tasting in Tuscany with typical Italian food such as cheese, bread, salami and pasta. All was good - especially the wine. I bought some olive oil soap and lotion here after we were through eating at their store.
August and September 2013 we did the Europe - British Isles cruise on Ocean Princess.
Roundtrip from London (Dover), England
Ports: London (Dover), England | Guernsey (St. Peter Port), England | Falmouth, England | Waterford, Ireland | Dublin, Ireland | Edinburgh (Rosyth), Scotland | London (Dover), England
We met David and Shirley in Edinburgh for a personal sightseeing tour.
April 2013 we took the inaugural cruise on NCL Breakaway. The one night out of Rotterdam was to Southampton England. We spent one night at a B&B in Hythe England and then boarded the Breakaway for "THE CROSSING" to NYC.
Oktoberfest in Germany 2012.
We started and ended in Frankfurt. We had a panoramic Rhine River cruise.
Then, we saw Cologne with its gothic cathedral, the historic buildings of legendary Hamelin, the harbor city of Hamburg, and Hanseatic Lübeck.
We enjoyed two overnights in Berlin, Germany’s once-divided capital, then the cultural centers of Dresden and Leipzig.
We had a stop in Weimar, where the Bauhaus movement started in the 1920s, and Coburg, with its medieval fortress.
From Nuremberg, we discovered the half-timbered houses of picture-postcard Rothenburg, then followed some of the scenic Romantic Road.
Wandered at leisure in Munich’s Marienplatz and experienced the gem of the Bavarian Alps: King Ludwig’s fairytale Neuschwanstein Castle.
Enjoyed more German panoramas as we drove through the famed Black Forest and stopped in Heidelberg before returning to Frankfurt.
Embark: Fort Lauderdale, Florida;
Puerto Limon, Costa Rica;
George Town, Grand Cayman;
Disembark: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
We traveled to Italy Oct. 15-25 for wine-tasting and the opportunity to experience authentic Italian cuisine and incredible vistas.
Seeing Tuscany in person was like being in a living postcard. Florence, Rome and Sorrento all had a romantic ambience.
You will need reservations to eat at Smith and Wollensky.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 356 Reviews
- 738 Photos
- 25 Countries
- 89 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
- Commented on windoweb's profile page
updated their Profile Page "Our Favorite Travels"
- created a Maui Travel Page "Maui 2015"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Maui 2015"
- Wrote a Review Les Halles September 2014 about Brasserie Les Halles - Park Ave S. in New York City Restaurants
- windoweb and udtaparindaa are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Waterford Forum "Re: waterford cruise port to..."
- Uploaded a Video to North East
VideosSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Punta Cana Intro, 12 reviews, 39 photos
- Rome Intro, 11 reviews, 27 photos
- Toronto Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 15 reviews, 19 photos
- Nassau Intro, 14 reviews, 18 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 13 reviews, 17 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San José del Cabo Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Cape May Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos