"Our Favorite Travels" windoweb's Profile
August and September 2013 we did the Europe - British Isles cruise on Ocean Princess.
Roundtrip from London (Dover), England
Ports: London (Dover), England | Guernsey (St. Peter Port), England | Falmouth, England | Waterford, Ireland | Dublin, Ireland | Edinburgh (Rosyth), Scotland | London (Dover), England
We met David and Shirley in Edinburgh for a personal sightseeing tour.
We spend two nights in Rome then off for a Mediterranean Cruise:
Day 1 Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy (EMBARK)
Day 2 Florence/Pisa (Livorno), Italy
Day 3 Monte Carlo, Monaco
Day 4 Provence (Toulon), France
Day 5 Barcelona, Spain
Day 6 Valencia, Spain
Day 7 At Sea
Day 8 Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy
Day 9 Carthage, Tunisia
Day 10 Palermo, Sicily
Day 11 Naples, Italy
Day 12 Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy (DISEMBARK)
April 2013 we took the inaugural cruise on NCL Breakaway. The one night out of Rotterdam was to Southampton England. We spent one night at a B&B in Hythe England and then boarded the Breakaway for "THE CROSSING" to NYC.
Oktoberfest in Germany 2012.
We started and ended in Frankfurt. We had a panoramic Rhine River cruise.
Then, we saw Cologne with its gothic cathedral, the historic buildings of legendary Hamelin, the harbor city of Hamburg, and Hanseatic Lübeck.
We enjoyed two overnights in Berlin, Germany’s once-divided capital, then the cultural centers of Dresden and Leipzig.
We had a stop in Weimar, where the Bauhaus movement started in the 1920s, and Coburg, with its medieval fortress.
From Nuremberg, we discovered the half-timbered houses of picture-postcard Rothenburg, then followed some of the scenic Romantic Road.
Wandered at leisure in Munich’s Marienplatz and experienced the gem of the Bavarian Alps: King Ludwig’s fairytale Neuschwanstein Castle.
Enjoyed more German panoramas as we drove through the famed Black Forest and stopped in Heidelberg before returning to Frankfurt.
Embark: Fort Lauderdale, Florida;
Puerto Limon, Costa Rica;
George Town, Grand Cayman;
Disembark: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
We traveled to Italy Oct. 15-25 for wine-tasting and the opportunity to experience authentic Italian cuisine and incredible vistas.
Seeing Tuscany in person was like being in a living postcard. Florence, Rome and Sorrento all had a romantic ambience.
You will need reservations to eat at Smith and Wollensky.
The Brilliance Of The Seas Itinerary
Ports of Call: Miami, FL, King's Wharf, Bermuda, Cork (Cobh), Ireland, Plymouth, England, Paris (Le Havre), France, London (Southampton), England - two day stay in London - then back to the States
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Popham Beach Hotels
- Cook Forest State Park Hotels
- Gatlinburg Hotels
- Boston Hotels
- Hat Yai Hotels
- Malgrat de Mar
- Port Aransas Hotels
- Gangtok Hotels
- Murrieta Hot Springs Hotels
- Guyana Hotels
- Tobago Hotels
- San Antonio Hotels
- Cebu City
- Palma de Mallorca
- Tavarua Island Hotels
- La Spezia
- Canberra Hotels
- Laoag City
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 338 Reviews
- 650 Photos
- 24 Countries
- 84 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- Commented on jabdulrasool's profile page
updated their Profile Page "Our Favorite Travels"
- created a Dover Travel Page "White Cliffs of Dover"
- Uploaded a Photo to "White Cliffs of Dover"
- Wrote a Review Lovely port of call for our British Isles Cruise in Dover Favorites
- windoweb and Crif are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Waterford Forum "Re: waterford cruise port to..."
- Uploaded a Video to North East
VideosSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Punta Cana Intro, 12 reviews, 39 photos
- Toronto Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nassau Intro, 14 reviews, 18 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- New York City Intro, 13 reviews, 17 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 13 reviews, 17 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San José del Cabo Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Cape May Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Erie Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- Paris Hotels
- 22465 Reviews - 54992 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- Subic Hotels
- 246 Reviews - 861 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23318 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos