"SOUTH AFRICA, LAND OF BEAUTY AND SPLENDOUR" South Africa by Bert_Pearson

South Africa Travel Guide: 12,016 reviews and 28,579 photos

A DREAM TRIP

" I believe that South Africa is the most beautiful place on earth. Admittedly, I am biased, but when you combine the natural beauty of sunny South Africa with the friendliness and cultural diversity of our people, and the fact that the region is a haven for Africa's most splendid wildlife, then I think even the most scrupulous critic would agree that we have been blessed with a truly wonderful land."

"I would like to extend a personal invitation to you to come and see for yourself the splendour of South Africa. know that my people will be delighted to welcome you and I think you will be enchanted by their warmth and hospitality. I am equally sure that you will enjoy our culture, our cuisine and the warmth of our people"

PRESIDENT NELSON MANDELA.

With such an invitation, I decided to put aside my fear and my apprehension and explore that beautiful country.

I started from Johannesburg, drove through the Transvaal région and Lydenburg till Hoedpruit (game lodge) Swaziland, Zulu Land and Durban. Then I went all along the Garden route: Port Elisabeth, Knysna, through the Karoo Desert to visit the Ostrich farm and the Cango Caves to finally arrive at Cape Town.

Map of South Africa

• Pros:Amazing.
  • Cons:none
  • In a nutshell:An exploration you will keep in your memory all your life.
  • Last visit to South Africa: Dec 1996
  • Intro Updated Dec 12, 2002

• janaina's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2002 at 3:01 PM

I certainly would accept such a beautiful invitation from this amazing man!

Bert_Pearson

“Never stop discovering our little Planet”

Badges & Stats in South Africa

Have you been to South Africa?

Latest Activity in South Africa