"Grand Rapids, MI" Grand Rapids by dracko
Grand Rapids Travel Guide: 116 reviews and 152 photos
I first visited Grand Rapids in November of 2001, a couple of months after my sister moved there. I've since visited several more times, including for her wedding (they DARED to have it the day after my birthday!) and most recently shortly after the birth of my baby niece Maya.
Grand Rapids is a nice city - it's clean and people are pretty open and friendly. Despite its size (about 200,000 people) it's a fairly quiet place. The downtown area is pretty compact, considering how spread out the city itself is, and mostly commercial in nature. Grand Rapids may not be a busy and bustling place like a bigger city would, but it nevertheless still seems to be a nice place to live.
If you're in town during the hockey season, be sure to go and check out the Grand Rapids Griffins - the local American... more travel advice
There's a small street off of Thornapple River Drive. On that street there grows a tree. I dunno. I just like the tree.... more travel advice
dracko's Related Pages
Grand Rapids Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Grand Rapids, Michigan"
- "Middle Michigan"
- "Laughs Heard Around the World"
- "hoser_71's new Grand Rapids Page"
- "Michigans OTHER City"
- "An Angeleno in Grand Rapids"
- "Grand Rapids"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grand Rapids
- Hotels in Grand Rapids
- Transportation in Grand Rapids
- Nightlife in Grand Rapids
- Restaurants in Grand Rapids
- Shopping in Grand Rapids
- Warnings and Dangers in Grand Rapids
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Grand Rapids
- 7 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Grand Rapids?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grand Rapids
Photos in Grand RapidsSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 34 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 25 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 24 reviews, 23 photos
- Boston Intro, 15 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Massachusetts Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barbados Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- New York City Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dublin Intro, 13 reviews, 9 photos
- Grand Rapids Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue