"Mystic, CT" Top 5 Page for this destination Mystic by dracko

Mystic Travel Guide: 151 reviews and 474 photos

I went to Mystic on a daytrip this past July. Nice seaport town, although a wee bit too many tourists. The downtown area is not very big, but there're plenty of boutiques along the main drag to shop at and a few nice restaurants to grab a bite at. Including the famous Mystic Pizza, of Julia Roberts' fame. Yes, it's a real restaurant and there's always a long line to get in. Which would explain why I didn't eat there.

Things to do in Mystic.

There's plenty to do in Mystic on a daytrip - you could visit the Mystic Aquarium and its many exhibits, including Beluga whales. You can also check out the Mystic Seaport, which is a ship museum, built on the site of Mystic's old seaport area (see my travelogue for more info and photos). Foxwoods casino is also not too far away, about 20-30mins by car.

• Last visit to Mystic: Jul 2002
  • Intro Updated Nov 17, 2002

• Jan 15, 2006 at 6:14 AM

Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun are only 10 miles apart. The drive between them isn't anywhwhere close to an hour. I live in CT and am at one or the other once per month. The backroad drive is about 15 minutes.

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2005 at 10:45 PM

Mystic seaport - wow, that brings back memories. I went there on a 5th grade school trip.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2004 at 5:18 PM

The parade of ships looks neat. I missed that when I was there. The seaport has so much to explore. We took cooking classes on an open hearth. Fun.

• skye820's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2003 at 6:48 PM

I'll make it a point to take mystic to Mystic :)

• phil_uk_net's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2003 at 9:36 AM

I was taken here by an American g/f in the Fall of '94. It was very twee. We ate in Mystic Pizza (no queues). At the time I'd never heard of the film so it didn't mean much to me. I have now though!

• nighthawk's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2003 at 2:41 PM

nice page and pics...so glad i don t fancy pizza .... nor julia ;-)

• Mar 24, 2003 at 8:08 PM

nice pics in the travelogue!

• o00o's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2003 at 8:09 AM

An interesting place name..

dracko

“Enjoy life while you can. Because it`ll be too late, too soon!”

Badges & Stats in Mystic