"Divers' Paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire by dracko
Bonaire Travel Guide: 283 reviews and 648 photos
Bonaire is well known for its great diving. And rightly so. The diving was among the easiest I've ever done. The variety of sea life is amazing, especially compared to the North Eastern US where I usually dive. Granted, just about all of it is relatively small, but it's still a feast for the eyes. And need I mention the nearly 80F water?
The only thing I didn't particularly enjoy (sort of) about the trip was that during the week that I spent there I didn't get a chance to explore much of the island itself. Main reason for that being the fact that I spent most of my time underwater - 22 dives over 6 days. My last dive prior to this trip was in mid-November, and the next one might not happen until sometime in May, so I was catching up for lost time. But I did see some of the island while driving from one dive site to another. And we also did spend some time exploring Kralendijk. So it wasn't all lost. Guess I'll just have to go back there again one of these years to make up for all the things I missed the 1st time.
Finally, having gotten an underwater housing for my camera just in time for the trip, I was luckily able to take quite a few shots of things I saw underwater. I posted a few of the shots that I took in the travelogues below, so check them out as well! And you can see the rest of the photos I took at
My Bonaire Gallery
Hope you enjoy them!
- Pros:Great diving. Beautiful weather
- Cons:Not much to do at night.
- In a nutshell:With so much great diving, you're too tired to do anyting at night but sleep anyway. So get diving!
Aside from scuba diving, there's also some supposedly decent windsurfing to be done in Bonaire. I didn't get a chance to... more travel advice
Bonaire, while a desert island, manages to be home to a distinct variety of wildlife. You can't miss the ubiquitous wild... more travel advice
dracko's Related Pages
Bonaire Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A bounty of natural beauty"
- "Bonaire Sights - Mostly Above Water"
- "Divers' Paradise: Bonaire"
- "Bon Bini!"
- "Divers' Paradise"
- "Natural Island Paradise"
- "Bonaire-snorkeling and scuba heaven"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bonaire
- Hotels in Bonaire
- Transportation in Bonaire
- Nightlife in Bonaire
- Restaurants in Bonaire
- Shopping in Bonaire
- Warnings and Dangers in Bonaire
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bonaire
- 12 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 31 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Bonaire?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bonaire
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 34 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 25 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 24 reviews, 23 photos
- Boston Intro, 15 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Massachusetts Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barbados Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- New York City Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dublin Intro, 13 reviews, 9 photos
- Grand Rapids Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue