"Divers' Paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire by dracko

Bonaire Travel Guide: 284 reviews and 650 photos

Bonaire is well known for its great diving. And rightly so. The diving was among the easiest I've ever done. The variety of sea life is amazing, especially compared to the North Eastern US where I usually dive. Granted, just about all of it is relatively small, but it's still a feast for the eyes. And need I mention the nearly 80F water?

The only thing I didn't particularly enjoy (sort of) about the trip was that during the week that I spent there I didn't get a chance to explore much of the island itself. Main reason for that being the fact that I spent most of my time underwater - 22 dives over 6 days. My last dive prior to this trip was in mid-November, and the next one might not happen until sometime in May, so I was catching up for lost time. But I did see some of the island while driving from one dive site to another. And we also did spend some time exploring Kralendijk. So it wasn't all lost. Guess I'll just have to go back there again one of these years to make up for all the things I missed the 1st time.

Finally, having gotten an underwater housing for my camera just in time for the trip, I was luckily able to take quite a few shots of things I saw underwater. I posted a few of the shots that I took in the travelogues below, so check them out as well! And you can see the rest of the photos I took at

My Bonaire Gallery

Hope you enjoy them!

• Pros:Great diving. Beautiful weather
  • Cons:Not much to do at night.
  • In a nutshell:With so much great diving, you're too tired to do anyting at night but sleep anyway. So get diving!
  • Last visit to Bonaire: Jan 2003
  • Intro Updated May 22, 2004

• TashieKitten's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2005 at 7:01 PM

Your underwater pics are beautiful! I love the ease of warm water diving, though there's great diving to be found in the Pacific Northwest. I guess I have to add Bonaire to my list of places to go!

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2005 at 3:03 PM

Great page! Going to Bonaire soon, so thanks for the tips!

• Jan 12, 2005 at 11:15 PM

Hey- thanks for the tips. They came in handy for our trip there in Sept. You captured the underwater beauty well in your photos. Hopefully you will make another trip to see the island above water. It is just as interesting!

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2004 at 1:46 PM

Wow, I'm so impressed with the great color you captured in your underwater pictures! Way to go!!!

• BerniShand's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2004 at 9:28 AM

fantastic underwater pics. l only snorkel but l long for an underwater camera...... the pic of the coral is beautiful, nice page, l really enjoyed reading it, thanks

• martin_nl's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2004 at 10:48 PM

Hiya Roman! How are you?? What a great page you have here. Just became an open water diver on the Ningaloo Reef, WA and love diving now! Bonaire was on my list already, but with such great underwater sights it's almost at the top now!! Beautiful!

• lorgnierl's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2004 at 12:23 AM

dive, plongee, murgalar, tauchen, ronenje, ....super

• nicolettart's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2004 at 10:47 AM

You've covered everything! Thanks for all the great info...

• Arial_27's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2004 at 12:55 PM

I've never been diving but I really want to try oneday. I love your photos, especially the underwater ones are gorgeous.

• Agraichen's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2004 at 2:20 PM

Beautiful photos..I just purchased an underwater housing so I'm looking forward to the next dive.

dracko

“Enjoy life while you can. Because it`ll be too late, too soon!”

Badges & Stats in Bonaire

Have you been to Bonaire?

Latest Activity in Bonaire