"Adventures Of A Road Warrior" dracko's Profile

Like many other older buildings in Curitiba, and Brazil in general, this one was converted into a brightly shining beacon of commerce.

Recent Travels

2006

Nov 27 - Dec 1 - Curitiba, Brazil. Yes, work again. Curitiba may not be the most happening place in the country, but it has its charms. And I even managed to see one or two of them.

Nov 13-17 - Buenos Aires, Argentina. Another work trip, but I'm not complaining! Mostly working, but I did manage to see a little bit of the city. Cool place - old, new, latin, and european all in one.

Oct 29-Nov 2 - Anchorage, Alaska. BRRRR!!! Okay, wasn't THAT cold, except at night. Just my luck - the entire time I was there, the 100ft overcast didn't lift once. Except on my last day, of course. Oh well... Still a cool trip!

Oct 16-20 Bermuda!!! Okay, so it's only a 5-day business trip, but the nights were all mine. Beautiful island and extremely friendly people, but everything closes at 5!!!. Definitely gotta go back one day without having to spend the days cooped up in an office.

Oct 9-11 - Buffalo & Albany, NY. Finally got to see Niagara Falls, if only from 3,000ft. Still a gorgeous view!

Oct 5 - Alma, GA - YeeHaw!!! Interesting place. They even tried to sell me Jesus. Anyone know of a nice way to definitively convince a rather enthusiastic southern boy he's barking up the wrong tree? He wasn't buying "no" very easily.

Sep 29 - Oct 1 - High Springs, FL - Cave diving!!!

Sep 18-21 - Oregon and Washington

Sep 15-16 - BALTOBERFEST '06!!!

Sep 1-4 - Rimouski, QC - Four glorious days of diving the Empress of Ireland

Feb - Aug - Too many almost weekly work trips that elude me for now. Some cooler than others... The highlights include Atlantic Canada (Halifax, NS & St.John's, NL), a few new states on the map, another jaunt to Puerto Rico, and seemingly endless trips to Raleigh, NC.

Feb 16-21 - High Springs, FL. Back in northern FL, this time for a cave diving class.

Jan 26-Feb 4, Hawaii, baby!!!

UPCOMING TRAVEL UPDATES!!!

Oh, the usual. A week here, a day there, a few hours someplace else. The exciting life of a road warrior. But now and again some nice trips pop up too. The past couple of months took me to Bermuda, Alaska, Argentina, & Brazil - all within a week of each other. But unfortunately, no new trips on the horizon, at least for now. Then of course, who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Yet as fun and interesting as these business trips can be, I'm still in urgent need of a real vacation now. Anyone wanna take me somewhere exciting??? Anyone?

Time to get busy again...

So it's come to my attention that I haven't really been that active on VT in the last... ohh... year or so? Maybe even more. Which is unfortunate, since I do consider VT to be a rather swell place, not to mention an amazing resource for all things travel-related. Ironically, the reason why I've been neglecting VT so much is that I've been spending waay too much time on the road with my job. Long story short, I've decided to try and be better about updating things around here. With that in mind, I give you the fruits of one of my latest traveling exploits - Shelton, WA. And until I get around to putting something down about Anchorage (if/when I manage to do it) - here's at least a photo to keep the impatient happy.

• Intro Updated Dec 2, 2006

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2014 at 2:25 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2013 at 6:32 AM

Happy Birthday

• Minceta's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2012 at 5:07 AM

Hello, Roman!

I decided to write you as I just recently came back from the beautiful city of Boston, where I spent one halfth of my this year's summer holidays. I really liked Boston very much and now I would like to meet new people from Boston. If you want, we can stay in touch.

Best regards from a "tropical" Belgrade,

Jun 8, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Happy birthday!

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2012 at 7:28 AM

A warm happy birthday greeting from Malaysia.

• June.b's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2011 at 12:22 PM

Happy B-day...and may you have more travels to come!

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2011 at 3:45 PM

Happy birthday, Roman!

• Nathalie_B's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2010 at 8:32 PM

Have a very happy B-Day, Roman!! Didn't hear from you in ages (literally!) Hope all is well. Nat

• Sematay's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2010 at 10:35 AM

Happy New Year! Will 2010 be the year of a Boston VT Meetup?

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
dracko's Profile Photo

dracko

“Enjoy life while you can. Because it`ll be too late, too soon!”

Real Name