"7200' Are we at the top yet?!?!" Laramie by jarik
Laramie Travel Guide: 83 reviews and 177 photos
Laramie is a wonderful town perched in a large valley between the Snowy Range Mountains and the Sherman Mountains. To the south you can easily see, on a clear day, the Colorado Rockies. Because Laramie sits in this little 'bowl' in the mountains we get an interesting variety of weather. Summers in Laramie are often quite mild with the highs rarely reaching 95 fahrenheit and the lows never much below 55 fahrenheit. The winters in Laramie a little different with the majority of the snowfall occurring at the beginning of the season and towards the end. It's not uncommon to see snowfall in June in Laramie, it has happened a couple of times before. The snow in town never stays around very long once Summer fully sets in though. So if you're a skier or snowboarder then you'll love Laramie's winters and if you love to hike, fish and camp then there's nothing better than summer in Laramie.
- Pros:Wonderful area, beautiful scenery with lots of activities.
- Cons:Not the best economy but we've got lots of bigger cities nearby.
- In a nutshell:Eden for the outdoors man or the intellectual.
The Snowy Range, 30 miles west of Laramie, is a paradise. There are nearly endless possibilities for activities to be... more travel advice
jarik's Related Pages
Laramie Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Waiting for April Fool's Day in Laramie"
- "A friendly university town with a nice vibe"
- "Basaic Laramie Page"
- "Laramie - a small town on the high prairies"
- "Welcome to 7200 feet above sea level"
- "7200' Are we at the top yet?!?!"
- "lewade's new Laramie Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Laramie
- Hotels in Laramie
- Transportation in Laramie
- Nightlife in Laramie
- Restaurants in Laramie
- Shopping in Laramie
- Warnings and Dangers in Laramie
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Laramie
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Laramie?Share Your Travels