"The Battle of the Hemp Bales, Lexington, MO" Lexington by sambarnett
Lexington Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 36 photos
Lexington is another example of those wonderful little towns across the US midwest that have so much to offer in the way of history and culture. Nestled on the south bank of the Missouri River, the cliche "Crossroads of History" can apply here. Santa Fe trail outfitters profited here, and the firm that founded the Pony Express was based in Lexington. But the town is best known for its Civil War battle, and a distinctively battle-scarred court house.
The Battle of Lexington State Historic Site The Union knew the importance of securing the border state of Missouri with... more travel advice
sambarnett's Related Pages
Lexington Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An Historic City-Preserved in Time"
- "Historic Lexington, Missouri"
- "The Battle of the Hemp Bales, Lexington, MO"
- "Basaic Lexington, Missouri Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lexington
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (64)
Have you been to Lexington?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lexington
Photos in LexingtonSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 69 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gary Intro, 39 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Porter Intro, 43 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indianapolis Intro, 22 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Milwaukee Intro, 12 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Miller Intro, 10 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Bend Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- United States of America Intro, 10 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cincinnati Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hammond Intro, 10 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues