"Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore: Portage" Portage by sambarnett
Portage Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 28 photos
Located on the north and western border of Porter County, the city of Portage is a residential community of 34,000. Two units of the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore lie within its boundaries: the Inland Marsh and the popular West Beach.
A former rail line, this is one of the best "rails-to-trails" bike paths I have ever ridden. The entire trail runs... more travel advice
This flat, easy and scenic 1.6 mile trail starts at the north end of Long Lake and passes through more areas recovering... more travel advice
sambarnett's Related Pages
Portage Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore: Portage"
- "Central Access to the Indiana Dunes"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Portage
- Transportation in Portage
- Warnings and Dangers in Portage
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Portage
- 10 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (64)
Have you been to Portage?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Portage
Photos in PortageSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 69 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gary Intro, 39 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Porter Intro, 43 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indianapolis Intro, 22 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Milwaukee Intro, 12 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Miller Intro, 10 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Bend Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- United States of America Intro, 10 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cincinnati Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Indiana Dunes State Park Intro, 8 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues