"Goshen, Indiana" Goshen by sambarnett
Goshen Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 18 photos
Incorporated in 1854, this city, the seat of Elkhart County, was settled by Mennonite farmers from Ohio and Pennsylvania. The name "Goshen" derives from the New York state hometown of early settler Oliver Crane. Primarily an argricultural trade center, Goshen also boasts Goshen College, a four year liberal arts college run by the Mennonite church that holds the distinction of be the first US undergraduate institution to negociate a student exchange program with the People's Republic of China.
Fearing a bank raid by the likes of John Dillinger, this WPA built police booth was constructed in 1939 to protect two... more travel advice
sambarnett's Related Pages
Goshen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Elkhart County Seat"
- "Goshen - The Center of It All"
- "Goshen, Indiana"
- "Air Show"
- "What is there to do in Goshen?"
- "Center of Amish Country"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Goshen
- Transportation in Goshen
- Nightlife in Goshen
- Restaurants in Goshen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Goshen
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Goshen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Goshen
Photos in GoshenSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 69 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gary Intro, 39 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Porter Intro, 43 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indianapolis Intro, 22 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Milwaukee Intro, 12 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Miller Intro, 10 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Bend Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- United States of America Intro, 10 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cincinnati Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hammond Intro, 10 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues