"Indiana's First Capital" Corydon by sambarnett
Corydon Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 80 photos
Laid out in 1808, Corydon served as Indiana’s first state capital from 1816 until 1825. This history, a well preserved square and the gently rolling hills that surround this Ohio River valley town of 3000 people, make Corydon a popular weekend destination. Like so many other well-visited, quaint towns, you’ll have to push through a ring of suburban sprawl before discovering its charms.
An historical marker in front of the new courthouse gives an explanation of the only Civil War battle to take place on... more travel advice
sambarnett's Related Pages
Corydon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "reunions in Corydon, IN"
- "Indiana's First Capital"
- "Indiana's first capitol"
- "Basaic Corydon Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Corydon
- Hotels in Corydon
- Restaurants in Corydon
- Shopping in Corydon
- Warnings and Dangers in Corydon
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Corydon
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Corydon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Corydon
Photos in CorydonSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 69 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gary Intro, 39 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Porter Intro, 43 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indianapolis Intro, 22 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Milwaukee Intro, 12 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Miller Intro, 10 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Bend Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- United States of America Intro, 10 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cincinnati Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hammond Intro, 10 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues