"Bent's Old Fort" La Junta by sambarnett
La Junta Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 27 photos
Like Independence, Missouri, Bent's Old Fort was one of the huge economic centers along the Santa Fe Trail. Although it is called a "fort" it was never owned or operated by the US military. The current structure is a faithful recreation of the original site and is part of the National Park System.
- Pros:faithful recreation of an interesing place
- Cons:way out there
- In a nutshell:A 19th century western melting pot
You'll pretty much have run of the place but beware that most of the second level has no guardrails, so watch where you... more travel advice
sambarnett's Related Pages
La Junta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bent's Old Fort"
- "La Junta, Colorado"
- "The Junction"
- "Great Breakfast stop"
- "anotherpath's new La Junta Page"
- "Basaic La Junta Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in La Junta
- Restaurants in La Junta
- Warnings and Dangers in La Junta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in La Junta
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (64)
Have you been to La Junta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in La Junta
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 69 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gary Intro, 39 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Porter Intro, 43 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indianapolis Intro, 22 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Milwaukee Intro, 12 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Miller Intro, 10 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Bend Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- United States of America Intro, 10 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cincinnati Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Indiana Dunes State Park Intro, 8 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues