"Ben-UK's Rzeszow page" Top 5 Page for this destination Rzeszow by Ben-UK

Rzeszow Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 46 photos

The travel books tend to say Rzeszow is a place for passing through quickly -- well I don't agree ...

I have to admit I was sort of passing through -- on my way from Krakow to Kosice, Slovakia, but I'd always wanted to visit Rzeszow and not far away Przemysl to see what they were like and I'm really glad I did - I enjoyed my short stay in Rzeszow.

The Rynek is a busy gathering place in the evenings with lots of cafes and bars -- it's a nice square with a monument of Tadeusz Kosciuszko and a 16th century Town Hall.

I enjoyed wandering around the town -- along ul 3 Maja with its attractive Piarist Church and Monastery -- oh, one thing I noticed was that nearly everyone I saw in Rzeszow was eating ice-cream!
-- good idea .....

• Last visit to Rzeszow: Apr 2004
  • Intro Updated May 16, 2004

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Paul, fabulous little page about Rzeszow. We spent one day here last May and really enjoyed the city as much as you did. I found the Monument to the Revolutionary Movement quite impressive.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2010 at 3:01 AM

Hi Ben, We will probably pass through here in May on the way to the Euromeet. Hotel Polonia sounds interesting :)

• May 28, 2009 at 7:34 AM

Hello:) The Photo shows example of eclectic architecture from art&life style epoque called in Polska - secesja ( Art Nouveau). It was built in the period of 1906-1908 by architect Jan Peroś. And it is a bank.

• Feb 24, 2007 at 12:14 PM

It is a bank;-)

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2007 at 4:27 AM

Thanks for helping me to remember our hotel in Rzeszow. Our visit was brief, but the hotel's restaurant had excellent food and service.

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2007 at 11:52 PM

Rzeszow is described in less than one page in my guidebook, but I see it is still worth visiting. Good tips Paul!

• Diana75's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2006 at 2:32 AM

As far as I've seen from your pictures, Rzeszow don't seem a place for passing through quickly at all!

• CliffClaven's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2006 at 5:21 AM

Your page is bound to get more hits now that Ryanair flies to Rzeszow

• Gosia78's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2005 at 9:10 AM

Thank you for greeting Ben -UK, I saw that you visited my country few times, I hope you’ve enjoy it. I’m impressed by your knowledge about my city –Rzeszow. Thank you for promoting it :-) Come back soon!! Greetings

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2005 at 1:31 PM

Another place I have never been to, but would love to visit one day.

Ben-UK

“Freedom”

Badges & Stats in Rzeszow

Have you been to Rzeszow?

Latest Activity in Rzeszow