"Ben-UK's Zakopane page" Top 5 Page for this destination Zakopane by Ben-UK

Zakopane Travel Guide: 359 reviews and 854 photos

Spent 3 nights in Zakopane in May 2005 -- travelled by bus from Bielsko-Biala. The scenery in the nearby mountains and valleys is absolutely stunning -- it was my first visit to the Tatry and although the weather wasn't too kind (rain and mist for a couple of days) it didn't diminish the impression the scenery made on me -- I hope to go back again before too long and maybe next time have some clear skies to see the full range of mountain peaks.

My Intro photo is the view to your left as you walk along ul. Kosciuszki, the main road from the bus/train stations into Zakopane centre.

• Last visit to Zakopane: May 2005
  • Intro Updated May 24, 2005

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2012 at 5:29 PM

By your tips, this sounds like a lovely area. Thanks for sharing!

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2009 at 6:29 AM

Lovely overview of Zakopane, Ben. Thank you for all your suggestions. I'm on my way to Poland... and Zakopane in a couple of weeks. First time to the Tatras.

• Feb 19, 2009 at 12:57 AM

Very good page.

• travelfrosch's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2008 at 5:11 AM

Thanks for the nice tips and lovely photos. We'll be in Zakopane soon; we'll be sure to try a couple of your featured walks. Cheers, Mark

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2007 at 10:01 AM

Hello Paul! I was in Zakopane in 1976 bit it doesn't seem to have changed much since then. A good page with lovely pictures. Happy birthday from Finland!

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2006 at 12:09 AM

Very helpful tips. We're visiting Zakopane for 2 days in August. I hope this is enough time to see the sights you've described.

• stevezero's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2006 at 9:08 AM

Great place - brings back memories

• Diana75's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2006 at 12:44 AM

Lovely pictures and useful tips, Paul. Zakopane is an wonderful destination. Unfortunately I've stayed there only for a night and haven't got time to explore.

• Sharrie's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2005 at 1:05 AM

I did have a lot of fun here. The food is great too! Yes, hopefully we'll return here again in the future :-)

• vesna04's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2005 at 3:30 PM

I spend a two memorable winters in Zakopane long time ago. Your page brought back some nice memories. Thanks:) Regards, Vesna

Ben-UK

“Freedom”

Badges & Stats in Zakopane

Have you been to Zakopane?

Latest Activity in Zakopane