"Ben-UK's Vilnius Page" Vilnius by Ben-UK

Vilnius Travel Guide: 1,745 reviews and 3,597 photos

Vilnius has changed a lot since I first went about 7 years ago -- the bus and train stations have been totally refurbished and buildings throughout the old town are being renovated -- when I went this year I noticed how busy it was.

I really need to spend more time in Lithuania -- I often arrive early in the morning by bus from Gdansk and then later in the day take a bus to Riga or Tallinn -- I've stayed overnight a couple of times but must stay longer and explore more of Lithuania.

There are some photos of general street scenes in my Travelogue below.

• Last visit to Vilnius: Jul 2004
  • Intro Updated Jul 25, 2004

Travelogues (1)

• swetluska's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2008 at 12:45 AM

I just loved the Trakai when I was in Lithuania! Just would like to come back with little better weather :)

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2008 at 2:03 AM

Hello Ben, I enjoyed your little page on Vilnius. It is a loely city where I want to return one day. Happy birthday from Finland!

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2007 at 12:51 AM

Hope to see more of the Baltics one day - Vilnius is on my list. Thanks for the notes here. leyle

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2006 at 1:47 PM

Gorgeous little page...I will finally visit Vilnius in one week and I will definitely get me a copy of the fabulous "In Your Pocket" guide .... Keep up the good work ... :-)

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2005 at 10:18 AM

Always wanted to visit the Baltic states...maybe I start this year. Nice page!

• JudyinPA's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2004 at 5:48 PM

I have often thought of visiting here. This is great help when planning a trip there. I use bus and trains for transportation.

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2004 at 7:36 AM

Thanks for the bus info, very helpful!

• Grazina's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2003 at 10:15 AM

Thank you for the info that really matter...such as "where am I going to lay my head tonight?" Great pictures and important & useful tips.

• prleprle's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2003 at 8:26 AM

Really charming city... and great presentation of it!

• tatyanap's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2003 at 8:47 AM

Great pages -- accurate and to-the-point! Sweet, short, and simple!

Ben-UK

“Freedom”

Badges & Stats in Vilnius

Have you been to Vilnius?

Latest Activity in Vilnius