"Ben-UK's Miskolc page" Top 5 Page for this destination Miskolc by Ben-UK

Miskolc Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 169 photos

Much better than the travel books say ....

Everything I read about Miskolc before I went there was not very good, but I liked it.

Whilst I have to admit I used Miskolc as a base to visit other places in northern Hungary like Eger and Lillafured, I really enjoyed Miskolc in its own right.

It has a fine main street (Szechenyi ut.) which is pedestrianised (apart from the trams ...) with lots of shops and cafe/bars -- it's a busy city, but not too big.

My plan to use it as a base to visit other places worked well, but it was nice to come back to Miskolc in the evenings.

• Last visit to Miskolc: May 2004
  • Intro Updated Jun 6, 2004

• Apr 2, 2008 at 6:17 PM

Doesn't look so bad to me either, though maybe you just make it look pretty with your well taken photos ;)

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Mar 25, 2008 at 1:14 PM

Paul, another very interesting page about this off the beaten path destination in Hungary. I especially like the Narrow guage train.

• Diana75's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2006 at 12:03 PM

Miskolc seems an interesting place. I've passed many times nearby but never stopped. I should do it next time.

• Backpackermoose's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2006 at 8:29 PM

I just decided to go there: Narrow gage railway and Hungary's first foundry, cages and spa's, sounds great :-) And a beautful railway station!

Ben-UK

“Freedom”

Badges & Stats in Miskolc

Have you been to Miskolc?

Latest Activity in Miskolc