"Ieper (Ypres)" Ieper by Ben-UK

Ieper Travel Guide: 521 reviews and 1,526 photos

Ieper (Ypres) is an ideal base from which to visit the First World War battlefields and cemeteries of the Ypres Salient. It's also easy to get from here to places like Bruges, Ghent, Ostend, etc.

As well as it's Great War history, Ieper (Ypres) is a very nice place in its own right with city walls to walk round, lots of cobbled streets to investigate and plenty of good cafes, restaurants and bars.

• Last visit to Ieper: May 2012
  • Intro Updated Jun 5, 2012

• wabat's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2014 at 7:30 PM

Ben - a nice little page on Ieper, I place I have not visited but upon which I reflected on a recent visit to the Australian War Memorial here in Canberra, Australia which actually has the two lions from the original Menin Gate as part of its collection. Great photos.

• Ben-UK's Profile Photo
      Mar 11, 2014 at 4:24 PM

Thanks very much Albert, I've visited those pages and left comments, it's all very interesting.

• wabat's Profile Photo
      Mar 11, 2014 at 7:27 PM

My pleasure Ben.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2014 at 1:39 PM

Excellent little page with brilliant photos here. It looks like I eper is beautifully illuminated at night.

• Ben-UK's Profile Photo
      Mar 10, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Thanks Holger, I really enjoyed Ieper, I was doing a WW1 trip but it's a nice place in its own right and yes, the Cloth Hall looks great at night :)

Ben-UK