"Ben-UK's Bath page" Bath by Ben-UK
Bath Travel Guide: 917 reviews and 2,019 photos
I spent a very enjoyable couple of days in Bath early in 2008 -- descibed as the UK's most complete and best preserved Georgian city, Bath is full of beautiful architecture and is a real pleasure to walk around. It's a very old city, it was an important Roman settlement famous for its mineral springs, but it was the 18th century that made bath the showpiece it is today with the architect John Wood settling here in 1727 and embarking on his building schemes that we can still enjoy.
I'm certainly no expert on the city but just have a few photos and tips to share.
Bath Abbey (Cathedral), or to give it its correct name The Abbey Church of St.Peter, is situated in the centre of Bath.... more travel advice
First I must confess I didn't go in Sally Lunn's -- dating back to 1482 it's the oldest house in the city and is now a... more travel advice
Ben-UK's Related Pages
Bath Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Visit to Jane Austen's Town"
- "Baaaaarth, Darling !"
- "An afternoon in Bath"
- "Home to Britain's only Hot Springs"
- "Beautiful Bath"
- "Dipping my toe into Bath!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bath
- Hotels in Bath
- Transportation in Bath
- Nightlife in Bath
- Restaurants in Bath
- Shopping in Bath
- Warnings and Dangers in Bath
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bath
- 7 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Bath?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bath
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Peak District National Park Intro, 77 reviews, 97 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yorkshire Dales National Park Intro, 48 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manchester Intro, 57 reviews, 93 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 54 reviews, 94 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park Intro, 34 reviews, 80 photos
- Krakow Intro, 31 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Edinburgh Intro, 19 reviews, 35 photos
- Wroclaw Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tallinn County Intro, 15 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zakopane Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos