"Ben-UK's Yorkshire Dales National Park page" Top 5 Page for this destination Yorkshire Dales National Park by Ben-UK

Yorkshire Dales National Park Travel Guide: 135 reviews and 481 photos

A beautiful area of northern England which is full of hills, lush green valleys (‘Dales’), white limestone cliffs (‘Scars’), rivers, caves, waterfalls, quaint old villages, fields encased in dry-stone walls and much wildlife – superb for walkers, hikers, cyclists, artists, drivers – a delight to meander through and enjoy the countryside and the company of the friendly locals.

It’s a big area, some 680 square miles (1768 sq km), so there’s a lot to see – you’ll need a good map, good walking shoes and some wet-weather clothes! – anyway, I hope my photos will give you some indication of what the Yorkshire Dales has to offer.

PAGE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

• Last visit to Yorkshire Dales National Park: May 2006
  • Intro Updated May 19, 2006

• Kaspian's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2012 at 11:10 AM

This page blew me away! What a great overview, Ben! I plan on doing a walk this November right when the weather we be cold, damp, and miserable. But that's nothing compared to the weather I get here, so I'm sure I'll be fine. (Famous last words?) Cheers, Ed.

• Agraichen's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2007 at 10:03 PM

I yourn for the day to be able to trek the Dales....Great photos.

• Toja's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2006 at 5:21 PM

NC warnings or dangers ;) check it out. Btw, I love this picture. England is so beautiful and picturesque.

• Sjalen's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2006 at 2:13 PM

One day my YD page will look like yours I hope! :) Btw Richard III also lived at Middleham as a child. Add Dalesbus.org to your tips and it will be perfect.

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2006 at 11:43 PM

Excellent pictures and tips of this beautiful part of Britain. The great scenery, castles, abbey ruins and quaint villages look very tempting. Wish I could have a car there to see it all.

• Diana75's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2006 at 5:28 AM

I definitely have to put this place on my "wish list". It's just great! I love your pictures and tips, Paul.

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2006 at 3:23 AM

All these places look so picturesque and serene. It's a pity you are not coming to Poland, but now I understand - there's so much beauty close to you. Great page.

• lou31's Profile Photo
    May 28, 2006 at 5:59 PM

Fantastic page!! Honestly enjoyed reading the tips and the pics are splendid. Planning on returning to Yorkshire so have added your tips to my travel guide....thanks

• bonio's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2006 at 1:59 PM

Lovely part of the UK, had some great times in Dent too!

Ben-UK

“Freedom”

Badges & Stats in Yorkshire Dales National Park

Have you been to Yorkshire Dales National Park?

Friends