"Ben-UK's Venice page" Venice by Ben-UK

Venice Travel Guide: 8,203 reviews and 21,709 photos

Went to Venice for the first time this year and thoroughly enjoyed 3 days there.

Arrived by train from Ljubljana, Slovenia, a smooth 4 hour ride on the 'Casanova' train.

Didn't have a hotel booked and it can be expensive in Venice but managed to get a room in the nearby 'Villa Rosa' hotel via the accommodation agency in the main train station, S. Lucia.

So much to see in Venice and so much has been written about it elsewhere -- suffice to say if you haven't been you should try and go as soon as possible -- Venice is a real one-off.

• Last visit to Venice: Jun 2004
  • Intro Written Oct 5, 2004

• unravelau's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2006 at 6:01 PM

Thanks for the great trip and tips around Venice Paul....Venice is in my sight for my next trip to Italy. Carole.

• Diana75's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2006 at 2:20 AM

Great pictures as always, Paul. I just came back from a trip to Italy, not to Venice this time, but around. Still my favorite country... Greetings, Diana

• jag17's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2005 at 6:46 AM

Thanks for stopping by my Yosemite pages. I took my first trip to Venice last year as well. I loved every minute of it!

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2004 at 3:11 PM

Hard to imagine a canal going through Piazza San Marco today, isn't it?! Looks like you got a lot of sunshine - great pics!

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo