"WFTR's new Gonzales Page" Gonzales by WFTR
Gonzales Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 1 photos
I live in Gonzales, but VT moved my little red house to my main Louisiana page. I like living here so far, but aside from Mike Anderson's Seafood Restaurant, I see little to interest most tourists.
I recently read hurgata's review of this page and thought, "She's right. There's an important distinction between traveler and tourist, and the spirt of VT is to serve both." With that in mind, I'm going to add some content to my Gonzales page.
The real point of what I'm adding is that while Gonzales itself may not be a destination, it could be a good place to stay for someone visiting the area. I'll focus on restaurants and hotels. In this sense, I have an advantage writing about Gonzales that I wouldn't have for any other place that I've ever lived. This advantage is that I've stayed in Gonzales several times as a business traveler. I know what living in a hotel in Gonzales is like.
Many thanks to hurgata for making the point that she did.
P.S. I've moved the little red house back to Gonzales for now.
As the new advertising says, Wendy's is open late. We have a Wendy's at Hwy 30 and I-10. It is just outside the Tanger... more travel advice
DeAngelo's Pizzeria is at exit 173 off I-10 directly behind the Burger King. DeAngelo's is a chain with about seven or... more travel advice
- It isn't actually off the...
- Gonzales is a pretty nicely...
- I'm not one of those snobs who...
WFTR's Related Pages
Gonzales Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "WFTR's new Gonzales Page"
- "kristi-f.'s new Gonzales page"
- "Basaic Gonzales Page"
- See All...
- Hotels in Gonzales
- Nightlife in Gonzales
- Restaurants in Gonzales
- Warnings and Dangers in Gonzales
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gonzales
- 13 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Gonzales?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gonzales
Top 10 Pages
- Houston Intro, 13 reviews
- Gonzales Intro, 13 reviews
- Louisiana Intro, 9 reviews, 3 photos, 1 travelogue
- South Dakota Intro, 8 reviews
- Oklahoma Intro, 8 reviews
- Texas Intro, 7 reviews, 1 travelogue
- Nevada Intro, 6 reviews
- Oklahoma City Intro, 6 reviews
- Tennessee Intro, 5 reviews
- Hill City Intro, 5 reviews