"WFTR's new Gonzales Page" Gonzales by WFTR

Gonzales Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 1 photos

I live in Gonzales, but VT moved my little red house to my main Louisiana page. I like living here so far, but aside from Mike Anderson's Seafood Restaurant, I see little to interest most tourists.

I recently read hurgata's review of this page and thought, "She's right. There's an important distinction between traveler and tourist, and the spirt of VT is to serve both." With that in mind, I'm going to add some content to my Gonzales page.

The real point of what I'm adding is that while Gonzales itself may not be a destination, it could be a good place to stay for someone visiting the area. I'll focus on restaurants and hotels. In this sense, I have an advantage writing about Gonzales that I wouldn't have for any other place that I've ever lived. This advantage is that I've stayed in Gonzales several times as a business traveler. I know what living in a hotel in Gonzales is like.

Many thanks to hurgata for making the point that she did.

P.S. I've moved the little red house back to Gonzales for now.

• Intro Written Aug 3, 2002

• Tabascolee's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2003 at 4:41 PM

If folks are interested in some great live Swamp Pop or Zydeco music for dancing or just listening, they should go to The Kab-a-ra Night Club on the corner of Hwys. 44 & 621. A very nice and fun place to spend a Friday or Saturday night!

• slaybelle's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2003 at 8:55 PM

Interesting tips on an interesting location. Love your info, thanks for the visit!!

• kaloz's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2003 at 10:26 PM

Hwy 61 revisited!! thanks for clearing up that dark room thing at Sugar's.

• Gwynneth's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2003 at 12:00 AM

Love a 'diverse talent pool'... keeps a healthy balance.

• cadzand's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2003 at 12:59 PM

I'll rather go to a nice small restaurant.
    Very informative page though !

• grandmaR's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2003 at 8:54 PM

I loved your comments on fast food restaurants. Some of them from the same chain are better and some are worse. There are some McD's that I always have an upset stomach afterwards. Most are perfectly fine. Also liked your warning about plant turnarounds

• o00o's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2002 at 7:11 PM

Great info and Tips.

• Imbi's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2002 at 1:53 AM

good informative pages

WFTR

“Liberty isn`t for cowards”

Badges & Stats in Gonzales

Have you been to Gonzales?

Latest Activity in Gonzales