"Turnaround in Bakersfield" Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield by WFTR
Bakersfield Travel Guide: 141 reviews and 458 photos
I spent six weeks in Bakersfield in the spring of 2001 doing turnaround work at the refinery. (For an explanation of "turnaround," please see my Gonzales, Louisiana page.) For much of that time, I worked 14 hours a day for 7 days a week. Needless to say, I saw nothing except the refinery, my hotel room, and a few restaurants. Fortunately, things relaxed slightly during the last week or so of my stay, and I had time to visit the surrounding area.
- Pros:Mostly Texans, Okies, and Cajuns
- Cons:Surrounded by Californians
- In a nutshell:Arrogant snoots hate it, but I loved it.
I ate at Marie's regularly while I was in Bakersfield in 2001, and I liked it very much. Marie Callender's is a western... more travel advice
WFTR's Related Pages
Bakersfield Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bakersfield~The Heart of the Golden State""
- "Rolling out of Bakersfield"
- "Oil, Agriculture, and Buck Owens"
- "Turnaround in Bakersfield"
- "Loonbeam's Bakersfield Page"
- "Kareena's Bakersfield Page"
- "Bakersfield..well, someone has to live here!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bakersfield
- Hotels in Bakersfield
- Transportation in Bakersfield
- Nightlife in Bakersfield
- Restaurants in Bakersfield
- Shopping in Bakersfield
- Warnings and Dangers in Bakersfield
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bakersfield
- 3 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Bakersfield?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bakersfield
Top 10 Pages
- Houston Intro, 13 reviews
- Gonzales Intro, 13 reviews
- Louisiana Intro, 9 reviews, 3 photos, 1 travelogue
- South Dakota Intro, 8 reviews
- Oklahoma Intro, 8 reviews
- Texas Intro, 7 reviews, 1 travelogue
- Nevada Intro, 6 reviews
- Oklahoma City Intro, 6 reviews
- Tennessee Intro, 5 reviews
- Hill City Intro, 5 reviews