"Manhattan Beach - It Has It All" Manhattan Beach by kaipow
Manhattan Beach Travel Guide: 350 reviews and 759 photos
This is my home, where the weather is great, the homes are nice, people know how to party, lots of places to eat, and the beach is just down the street!
Just minutes south of the Los Angeles International airport, Manhattan Beach is probably best known for volleyball. It hosts the grand-daddy of beach volleyball tournaments, the Manhattan Beach Open, and also has the high school that has been touted as the volleyball player factory. Each year, Mira Costa High School produces several top volleyball players who move on to play at the college level and eventually to the pros. The school system itself is also considered one of the top in California and the nation.
Manhattan Beach is a great place to live because it has everything. And if it doesn't have it, then a quick 10-15 minute drive to a neighboring city would probably solve the problem. The only thing (good or bad depends on whether you own a home or want to buy a home) is the cost of real estate. In October 2005, the median home price for Manhattan Beach was $1.373 million (source dqnews.com), which was actually down 2% from the previous year.
For more information on Manhattan Beach, please visit the Manhattan Beach Web Site
Manhattan Beach Open (Usually around August) The top pro beach volleyball players come out to flex their muscles. Check... more travel advice
Every first weekend in October is the Manhattan Beach Old Home Town Fair. You'll find vendors set up in their booths to... more travel advice
kaipow's Related Pages
Manhattan Beach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Little Southern Califoenia Beach Town"
- "Manhattan Beach is the Beach for Sun Lovers.."
- "Sharrie's Manhattan Beach Man of The Year"
- "2nd Anual VT meeting"
- "Manhattan Beach - Home of Beach Volleyball"
- "It is time for some real fun on Manhattan Beach"
- "Manhattan Beach Beach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Manhattan Beach
- Hotels in Manhattan Beach
- Transportation in Manhattan Beach
- Nightlife in Manhattan Beach
- Restaurants in Manhattan Beach
- Shopping in Manhattan Beach
- Warnings and Dangers in Manhattan Beach
- See All...
Explore the World
- Manila Hotels
- Singapore Hotels
- Lake Minnewaska Hotels
- Orlando Hotels
- Charleston Hotels
- Malgrat de Mar
- Puerto Galera Hotels
- Philadelphia Hotels
- Calgary Hotels
- Puerto Peñasco Hotels
- Marin City Hotels
- Long Valley Junction Hotels
- Cebu City
- Palma de Mallorca
- Mussoorie Hotels
- Tavarua Island Hotels
- La Spezia
- Laoag City
Badges & Stats in Manhattan Beach
- 27 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Manhattan Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Manhattan Beach
Photos in Manhattan BeachSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Taiwan Intro, 22 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 10 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 16 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 30 reviews, 3 photos
- Manhattan Beach Intro, 27 reviews, 2 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Denver Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cape Canaveral Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Park City Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Mammoth Lakes Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Latest Manhattan Beach hotel reviews
- Comfort Inn Manhattan Beach
- 55 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Beach (South Bay Area)
- 87 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 20, 2013
- The Belamar Manhattan Beach
- 397 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Manhattan Beach Marriott
- 285 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Sea View Inn at the Beach
- 255 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- 286 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 4, 2013
- Seahorse Inn
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Residence Inn Manhattan Beach
- 250 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013