"GREENOCK" Greenock by a5floor

Greenock Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 57 photos

On 27 February 2004 I got my first paycheque. YEAH!!!!!

On 01 March 2004 I went into my new room. It's in Greenock, where my job is. I am living with a mom and her 2 daughters and her father. When I arrived at the room, I just settled down and didn't do much special that evening.

On 02 March 2004 I had more training at work. Which is going well so far.

On 05 March 2004 I opened a bankaccount here in Scotland. Finally!! Now I can receive money from my salary

On 06 March 2004 I booked a flight to the Netherlands. I will go the weekend when it's Eastern. I am looking forward to it. :))

07 March - 13 March 2004
On the Sunday I didn't do much special. Just relaxing. On Monday I started to listen to calls again. On Tuesday my collegue was picking up the phone and I was searching in the system for answers. On Wednesday I did the same as the day before. On Thursday and Friday I started to answer the phone and my collegue was searching in the system. On Friday the fire alarm went off. Everybody went out, but all for nothing: false alarm.......... Saturday I went to the library for the internet.

15 March - 21 March 2004
On Monday I started answering the phone and search in the system. It's weird to do so. But it's ok. Still got good questions and bad questions. On Tuesday I continued. On Wednesday the fire alarm went off. We were standing for about half an hour outside at the parkingplace to wait for the signal to go back in the building. 2 cars from the fire brigade came. Really exciting!!! On Thursday a collegue had her last day. Pretty weird, because I was sitting next to her during the last 2 weeks (I followed what she was doing because I am going to do the job she was doing). On Friday I was sitting next to another collegue. Hopefully I can do it myself in the near future. :)

22 March - 28 March 2004
On Monday I started at my own desk to do my own stuff and taking the calls. Which was really great! :) I'm doing it now for a week now and it has ups and downs. There are days that are really busy and days that are sooooo quite....
On Thursday I saw a Brittish celebrity: Ally McCoist. He used to play soccer for the Rangers and the Scottish national team. He was at my company to give some awards to people from a department. And it was interesting to see my first celebrity here in Scotland!! :))))
On Saturday I went to Glasgow to spent money. Which was a great thing.

29 March 2004 - 04 April 2004
On Saturday I went out for shopping in Greenock to buy stuff for the next weekend. On Sunday I was continuing to plan more for the next weekend.

05 April 2004 -11 April 2004
On Thursday I had an Indonesian lunch, preperred by a collegue of mine. It was really great lunch!!
On Friday I left home at 9.30am. Went to the busstation to get the bus from 9.55am. Around 10.25am I arrived at Glasgow International Airport. I had to wait till 12.45pm till I could check in. After checking in I had lunch. And I went to the shops to look around. At 3.30pm I could go in the plane. And at 4pm we were going in the air. In Schiphol I arrived at 6.05pm. When I had my suitcase, I went through customs. My parents and my nieces were stangin there to pick me up. We went straight to the train which brought us in Apeldoorn. From the trainstation we went to the busstation to get the bus to the house.
On Saturday morning I started slowly. In the afternoon I went to the town centre for spending money. In the evening I didn't do much special.
On Sunday I went first to my cousin and her family to celebrate her husband's birthday. After 2 hours being there, my mom and I were going home again. When we arrived home, my nieces were there to find Easter eggs. I had to put them in the garden first before they were searching for them. Which was really fun to see. In the evening I went with my mom to my grandmother.

12 April - 18 April 2004
On Monday I went with my parents to my grandparents the whole day. Which was nice.
On Tuesday I was very early at the cityhall of Apeldoorn. I had to renew my driving license. Which was done in 10 minutes. After this I went with my mom to the airport. I was flying at 1pm backt to Glasgow International Airport.
On Thursday I heart that my cousin in Canada got her first baby: a baby boy named Aiden. :)
On Friday I decided to quite my job here in Scotland and I want to go back to the Netherlands (the job isn't interesting anymore, I miss a part that I used to do in the Netherlands and I am homesick). I said to employment agency that 07 May 2004 would be my last working day, but I don't have any answer back that it is ok. When I have this, than I can plan things (like booking a plane ticket back home).

19 April - 25 April 2004
On Monday I sent an email to the employment agence regarding my last working day by IBM. But the person who deals with it, appears to be in Poland for 3 days. So, I have to wait till Thursday.
On Thursday I arranged my last working day. It will be 14 May 2004. So, 3 more weeks to work here. :( My dad is going to pick me up by car that weekend.
On Saturday I went to the post office. I arranged that my mail that is going to my present address, is going to the address in the Netherlands from 01 May 2004.

26 April - 02 May 2004
On Tuesday I had mentally and phisically lots of problems working with IBM. So I decided that I was caling sick and going back to the Netherlands.
On Wednesday I booked a flight back home.
On Thursday I flew back. I arrived at Schiphol Airport at 12noon. Now I am going to get my life back in the Netherlands. I will go back to Greenock on 14 May to collect my other stuff with my fathre. I only stay one night.

See more of my start here in Scotland on my Glasgow page.

• Last visit to Greenock: Apr 2004
  • Intro Updated May 2, 2004

• RhineRoll's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2005 at 1:21 AM

Wow.. someone who made it to live and work in Scotland!!! I'm envious! :-)

• truus_s's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2004 at 2:19 AM

He ik zie dat ik wat gemist heb..J e woont dus nu in Scotland? Mooi zeg..en je werkt bij een video zaak??of heb ik dit verkeerd..??Groetjes Truus

a5floor

“LIVE LIFE TO THE MAX!!!”

Badges & Stats in Greenock

Have you been to Greenock?

Latest Activity in Greenock