"LONDON" London by a5floor

London Travel Guide: 23,494 reviews and 49,595 photos

On 28 May 2003 I went to London, UK. I took the plane from Schiphol to Heathrow at 3.50 pm. You will be in London in an hour. Not so long to fly. So, I arrived in London the same time as I left (because the time difference is one houre back). After landing in London, I took the Heathrow Express. This train will take you to Paddington Station (to the centre of London) in 15 minutes. When I arrived at Paddington Station, I walked through Hyde Park. When I walked out of Hyde Park, I went to my hotel at Buckingham Palace Road. The name of the hotel is The Rubens at the Palace. After walking 2 hours, I finally was at my hotel. After checking in my hotel, I took it easy. Relaxing at my room.

On 29 May 2003 I woke up at 8am. After getting dressed, I went to the restaurant of the hotel. I had the continental breakfast. After having eaten quite a lot, I went out for walking. First I walked through Victoria Street. At the end of Victoria, you will see Westminster Abbey. This is the famous church in London. I entered this church for a look inside. All queens, kings, lords etc. are barried up here. It is an interesting place to see. There are also nice and beautifull windows. After Westminster Abbey I went to the Big Ben. Magnificent clock!! From the Big Ben I saw the wellknown wheel where you can oversee the city. I didn't went into it because there were too many people who wanted to get in. Walking over the Westminster Bridge, I took a seat accrossed the river on a bench. I had a view over the Thames looking at the Houses of Parliament. At a certain time, I went on walking along the river Thames. There are so many bridges accross the Thames. One even more beautifull than the other. I also went on the Millenium Bridge. I went half way and took pictures both ways. After being off this bridge, I went on to the Tower Bridge. It is great to see it coming "near" to you. Amazing bridge!!! You are going with a lift (elevator) up. Upstairs there is a path between the two towers. Going to the other side of the bridge, you will be brought downstairs with a lift again. I was lucky to see the bridge itself going up and down (it opened at 3pm). I continued my walkingtrip to the Tower of London. I only walked around it, because I didn't had enough time to go in and there were too many people waiting outside in a line. After this I was going back to my hotel. Half way I took the tube because I was sooo tired. I returned in the hotel at 6pm. I went to this restaurant, Noodle Noodle, having dinner.

On 30 May 2003 I woke up at 8am. After breakfast, I went to see Buckingham Palace. Man, this is an huge palace!!! In front is a square where a statue of Queen Victoria is standing. After the Palace, I went through Green Park going to Hyde Park. I was sitting and relaxing in this park. Which I needed after the previous day. Late in the afternoon I returned in the hotel. And went out for dinner.

On 31 May 2003 I took the tube from Victoria to Covent Garden (West End). I was shopping around in this area. After West End, I went to Marks & Spencer. More shopping and buying gifts.

On 01 June 2003 I checked out of the hotel at 10.00am. I took a cab to Heathrow Airport. Which is pretty expensive. After checking in, I went through customs. The plane had to leave at 2.50pm, but the plane was still standing in Amsterdam. So, we left an hour later as planned. When I was at Schiphol, my parents picked me up and took me home (where I was at 8pm).

I went on 17 September 2004 for a short shopping trip to London, UK. I returned on 19 September 2004. I used my new suitcase for the first time (I got one for my birthday). And it was suitable!!! I LOVE MY NEW SUITCASE.:) I spent a lot of money during this trip.

• Pros:Great place to hang out!!
  • Cons:Expensive.
  • In a nutshell:A visit worth. :)
  • Last visit to London: May 2003
  • Intro Updated Feb 4, 2009

a5floor

“LIVE LIFE TO THE MAX!!!”

Badges & Stats in London