"Borgarnes" Borgarnes by a5floor

Borgarnes Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 123 photos

11 September 2007

From Hveragerdi I went driving to the direction of Borgarnes. When I was passing Reykjavik, I went to a picknick/parking place. From here there was a walking route to the top of the Pjerfessvalln (mountain). I walked up here just a little bit. There was a stream coming down the waling route. You will have a great view over the area. After an hour I was back at the car. I wen on driving. At a certain point you could go in a tunnel that goes under the Hvalfjordur. But I decided to take route 47. This route is going around the bay of Hvalfjordur. This route is about 61 kilometers long. This is really great to do. Great views on the bay. On the way I had lunch. When I came at the other side of the Hvalfjordur I went driving to Akranes. In Akranes I went to the beach first. Up there I took some sand for my penpal who collects it. Then I went to the lighthouse. Up here I had great views over the ocean. After that I went to the folk museum. The museum was interesting. Outside there were some fishingboats. When I finished up here, I went to Borgarnes. I arrived here around 4pm. I went to the hotel and checked in.

12 September 2007
This morning I stood up at 7.30am. After breakfast I went driving. I took route 54. I couldn't make too much pictures as it rained all day. At a certain moment I drove over the mountain Frodarheidi. Some parts were 10% or 12%. Which was a challenge to take as I never had done it. In Grundarfjordur I had lunch. During lunch I noticed that the food wasn't so good for my stomach. After lunch I went on driving. While driving my head and neck started to hurt. I took route 56 back. Once I was in the hotel, I relaxed for the afternoon.

13 September 2007

This morning I stood up and I was feeling sick. I threw up a few times this day. After breakfast I was buying some water and knäckebrot. The rest of the day I was relaxing as I was feeling bad.

14 September 2007

Today it was my birthday!! It is a bit weird to be a birthday-girl when you are on a holiday. But I stood up at 8am. After breakfast I packed my bags and I checked out. Once I had my stuff in the car, I was driving to Keflavik Airport. 5 kilometers before the airport I went to a parkingspot by a gas station/supermarket. For a few hours I was reading before I went to the airport. Inside the airport I waited for my parents to arrive. They arrived half an hour later as scheduled. First we went the rental car company to add my dad as a 2nd driver of the car. Once we had all our suitcases in the car, we went to Keflavik.

Previous city: Hveragerdi, next city: Keflavik.

For pictures about Akranes, please check my Akranes page

• Last visit to Borgarnes: Sep 2007
  • Intro Updated Feb 10, 2008

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Lovely landscape photos in the travelogues! Came through this area on a daytrip.

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2008 at 4:09 AM

Lovely Hótel Borgarnes. I have stayed there often, it always brings back good memories. Love this area in Iceland.

a5floor

“LIVE LIFE TO THE MAX!!!”

Badges & Stats in Borgarnes

Have you been to Borgarnes?

Latest Activity in Borgarnes