"Geysir" Top 5 Page for this destination Geysir by a5floor

Geysir Travel Guide: 62 reviews and 266 photos

17 September 2007

After checking out the hotel we went to Geysir. We took route 47, 1 and 35 to Geysir. It took us a couple of hours to get there. When we arrived in Geysir we checked into our hotel. Once we had our bags in the rooms, we walked to the geysirs. It started to snow a bit (which was gone in the evening). The geysirs were really great!! Due to the cold we went back to the hotel. In the hotel we went reading for the rest of the afternoon.

18 September 2007

This morning we woke up at 8.15am. At 9am we were eating breakfast. After breakfast we checked out. But we stayed to look at the geysirs for some time. At a certain time we went driving again. First we went to Gulfoss. Up here you will find a big waterfall. Which is great to see. We even walked close to it. We had some showers from the waterfall when we were walking to it. From here we went on to Nesjavellir.

Previous city: Grindavik, next city Nesjavellir (see my Pingvallavatn page).

• Last visit to Geysir: Sep 2007
  • Intro Updated Feb 16, 2008

• pure1942's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2009 at 1:32 PM

Great photos! One of the most memorable sights of my life, watching Strokkur erupting! Amazing

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2008 at 3:42 AM

Beautiful pictures of the Geysir area. I love the blue colour in one of the pictures, excellent! The crater filled with water is called Kerid. Regína

• kathymof's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2008 at 8:22 AM

You have great Iceland photos too! Loved the place. We both have a bubble photo from Geysir. I have it on my wall at home - very special.

• travelfrosch's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2008 at 2:24 PM

Nice page with lovely photos. It looks like you enjoyed your time here. - Mark

a5floor

“LIVE LIFE TO THE MAX!!!”

Badges & Stats in Geysir