"Grindavik" Top 5 Page for this destination Grindavík by a5floor
Grindavík Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 99 photos
15 September 2007
We left Keflavik around 9.30am. First we went to Gardu and Gardskagi. In Gardskagi we enjoyed the view. After that we went via Sandgerdi to Hafnir. In Hafnir we saw the anchor of the 'ghostship' Jamestown. We wanted to go to the aquarium, but we couldn't find it. So we went on to Valahnjukur. Up here you can find some steam. We thought it was coming out of the ground, but it was from a power station. After seeing this we went via Grindavik to the Blue Lagoon. First we checked into the hotel. Then we went to the Blue Lagoon where we were for about 2 hours. Around 5pm we went out. When we arrived at the hotel, we showered first. After the shower we went for dinner.
16 September 2007
This morning we stood up at 8.15am. At 9am we had breakfast. After breakfast we went for a drive. Via route 42 we drove along the coast to Hveragerdi. Well, that is what I thought we were driving. We managed to drive along the coast, but at a certain point we went via Kleifarvatn to Reykjavik. Via Reykjavik we went to route 1. We wanted to go to Geysir, but a sign said it was 100 kilometer and the next day we were going to Geysir. So, we decided to go back the other way. Once we arrived at the hotel, we were putting our bathing suite on and went to the Blue Lagoon. Up here we hang around for about 2 hours. After the Blue Lagoon we went back to the hotel and had dinner.
17 September 2007
This morning we stood up at 8.15am. After breakfast we checked out and went to Geysir.
Previous city: Keflavik, next city: Geysir.
The Blue Lagoon is a big 'pool'. The water is between +37C and +39C all year long. There are several pots that have mask... more travel advice
a5floor's Related Pages
Grindavík Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Grindavík - The Blue lagoon."
- "Blaa Lonid"
- "Grindavik, Iceland"
- "An entry in it's own right!"
- "Jumping Around Grindavik - Blue Lagoon!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grindavík
- Hotels in Grindavík
- Restaurants in Grindavík
- Shopping in Grindavík
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Grindavík
- 2 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Grindavík?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grindavík
Top 10 Pages
- Marne-la-Vallée Intro, 105 reviews, 486 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 90 reviews, 400 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 94 reviews, 391 photos, 7 travelogues
- Maldives Intro, 66 reviews, 337 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Apeldoorn Intro, 71 reviews, 277 photos, 9 travelogues
- Mauritius Intro, 54 reviews, 258 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 55 reviews, 253 photos, 3 travelogues
- Arnhem Intro, 45 reviews, 212 photos
- Kailua-Kona Intro, 44 reviews, 196 photos, 4 travelogues
- De Cocksdorp Intro, 39 reviews, 191 photos, 3 travelogues