"Hella" Hella by a5floor

Hella Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 62 photos

08 September 2007

On the way to Hella I stopped to several picknick places to make pictures. Initially I wanted to go via Stora-Dimon and Smaratin to Hvolsvollur, but the road wasn't that great. So, I chose to go to Bakki instead. In Bakki you will have a local little airport. In the background you have a nice view of the mountains of the island of Heimaey. What a great view! After that I went back to the highway. When I passed Hvolsvollur I took route 264 to Keldur. This road was full of bumps, so when I was halfway I returned. In Hella I went to the tankstation and to a restaurant to have lunch. After lunch I went to Oddi. Up here you will find a really nice church. From here you will have a nice view over the area (towards Hvolsvollur). I took a couple of pictures. At a certain time I went to the hotel which is located a few kilometers outside Hella. I checked in and put my stuff in the room. After this I went to the Sogusetrid museum in Hvolsvollur. Up here you will see the Njals Saga (exhibition about how this village was formed). It was really interesting to see this. Then I went to see a little art collection of a local artist. Next to this collection was a room were they displayed some old stuff (like typewriters, telephones). When I finished it all and walked outside, it rained. So I decided to go back to the hotel.

09 September 2007

This morning I woke up at 7.30am. After breakfast I grabbed my things and put it in the car. When I started to drive, I was heading to Selfoss.

Previous city: Skogar (see my Skogur page about this city). Next city: Selfoss.

• Last visit to Hella: Sep 2007
  • Intro Updated Feb 10, 2008

a5floor

“LIVE LIFE TO THE MAX!!!”

Badges & Stats in Hella