"Selfoss" Top 5 Page for this destination Selfoss by a5floor

Selfoss Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 105 photos

09 September 2007

On the way to Selfoss I stopped several times to make pictures. At one point I was in Selfoss. I decided to drive through the city of Selfoss and go to the mountain Ingolfsfjall. This mountain is just outside of Selfoss. This is a huge mountain. First I drove on the back side of the mountain. Just made a small tour along this mountain. The mountain is really massive. At a certain point I went to the other side of the mountain. Up here there is a lookout point. Here you have a great view about the area. I was here for a while. Then I went back to Selfoss to have lunch. After a while I went driving again. Up to Stokkseyri. This is a village on the coast. When I was here, I parked the car. I walked to the lookout. You have a great view over the sea and along the coast of Iceland. I picked some sand from the small beach for a penpal of mine. When I was finished, I went driving again. Via Baugsstadir I went back to Selfoss. I went to the hotel to check in. After I put my bags in the room, I went outside. I walked a part along the river. There was a strong current in the river. I made a round to the Kjarninn Shopping Centre. When I walked in the Shopping Centre, all the shops were closed. I didn't think of the fact that it was Sunday. So, I walked into the Main Street. There wasn't much to see. So I decided to go back to the hotel.

10 September 2007

This morning I stood up at 7.30am. After breakfast I packed my bags and went driving to Hveragerdi.

Previous city: Hella, next city: Hveragerdi.

• Last visit to Selfoss: Sep 2007
  • Intro Updated Feb 10, 2008

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2010 at 7:18 AM

More spectacular scenery.

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2008 at 3:56 AM

Mount Ingólfsfjall is where the earthquake started, 6,3 on the Richter scale, with a lot of large stones flying down the mountain. But a lovely mountain.

a5floor

“LIVE LIFE TO THE MAX!!!”

Badges & Stats in Selfoss

Have you been to Selfoss?

Latest Activity in Selfoss