"Vik I Myrdal" Top 5 Page for this destination Vík í Mýrdal by a5floor
Vík í Mýrdal Travel Guide: 76 reviews and 186 photos
06 September 2007
After I picked up the rental car, I went on the road. First I had to drive to the direction of Reykjavik on route 41. Which was 40 kilometer. But after that I was on route 1 to Vik. From Reykjavik to Vik it was 187 kilometer. I was driving all afternoon in the rain. It took me about 4 hours. I was making stops in the meanwhile. When I finally arrived in Vik, I was on the right track to the hotel. I asked in the supermarket where it was. I was in the right street and I only had to drive a few hundred meters more. When I arrived at the hotel I checked in. I walked a bit outside before I had dinner.
07 September 2007
This morning I woke up at 7.30am. After breakfast I grabbed my things and checked out. The weather was really great this morning: sunny and some clouds. Which was really nice. First I went to the beach of Vik I Myrdal. Up there I saw the Reynisdrangur coming out of the ocean. It is a nice view. I walked a short part of the beach. After some time I went back to the car and left Vik I Myrdal.
Previous city: Reykjavik. Next city: Skogar (see my Skogur page about this city).
Vik I Myrdal is a small village on the south coast of Iceland. The population of this village is about 310 people.
The name Vik I Myrdal means 'Bay of the Marshy Valley'. But most call this village Vik.
The surrounding of Vik is really great. You will have mountains, black beach and the sea stacks at Reynisdrangur.
After you walked to the Reynisdrangur, you can have a walk on the beach. The sand of the beach is black and you will... more travel advice
Written Feb 10, 2008
Vik I Myrdal part I
Written Feb 10, 2008
Vik I Myrdal part II
a5floor's Related Pages
Vík í Mýrdal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Vik i Myrdal"
- "Most Beautiful Village In The South !"
- "Seamandrew's Vik page"
- "Black beaches and waterfalls"
- "Vik I Myrdal"
- "Skogar - Prepare a 6 day hike to Landmannalauger"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vík í Mýrdal
- Hotels in Vík í Mýrdal
- Restaurants in Vík í Mýrdal
- See All...
Explore the World
- South America
- Akouda Hotels
- Fort Delaware State Park Hotels
- Province of Mindoro Oriental
- Port Angeles
- Ko Khlum Hotels
- Port Jefferson
- Morant Bay Hotels
- Hot Springs
- Le Touquet-Paris-Plage
- Mexico City Hotels
- Beacon Rock State Park Hotels
Badges & Stats in Vík í Mýrdal
- 3 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Vík í Mýrdal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vík í Mýrdal
Top 10 Pages
- Marne-la-Vallée Intro, 105 reviews, 486 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 90 reviews, 400 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 94 reviews, 391 photos, 7 travelogues
- Maldives Intro, 66 reviews, 337 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Apeldoorn Intro, 71 reviews, 277 photos, 9 travelogues
- Mauritius Intro, 54 reviews, 258 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 55 reviews, 253 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kailua-Kona Intro, 44 reviews, 196 photos, 4 travelogues
- De Cocksdorp Intro, 39 reviews, 191 photos, 3 travelogues
- Adelaide Intro, 42 reviews, 179 photos, 10 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (45)
Latest Vík í Mýrdal hotel reviews
- Edda Plus
- 99 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013