"Vik I Myrdal" Top 5 Page for this destination Vík í Mýrdal by a5floor

Vík í Mýrdal Travel Guide: 76 reviews and 186 photos

06 September 2007

After I picked up the rental car, I went on the road. First I had to drive to the direction of Reykjavik on route 41. Which was 40 kilometer. But after that I was on route 1 to Vik. From Reykjavik to Vik it was 187 kilometer. I was driving all afternoon in the rain. It took me about 4 hours. I was making stops in the meanwhile. When I finally arrived in Vik, I was on the right track to the hotel. I asked in the supermarket where it was. I was in the right street and I only had to drive a few hundred meters more. When I arrived at the hotel I checked in. I walked a bit outside before I had dinner.

07 September 2007

This morning I woke up at 7.30am. After breakfast I grabbed my things and checked out. The weather was really great this morning: sunny and some clouds. Which was really nice. First I went to the beach of Vik I Myrdal. Up there I saw the Reynisdrangur coming out of the ocean. It is a nice view. I walked a short part of the beach. After some time I went back to the car and left Vik I Myrdal.

Previous city: Reykjavik. Next city: Skogar (see my Skogur page about this city).

Vik I Myrdal is a small village on the south coast of Iceland. The population of this village is about 310 people.
The name Vik I Myrdal means 'Bay of the Marshy Valley'. But most call this village Vik.
The surrounding of Vik is really great. You will have mountains, black beach and the sea stacks at Reynisdrangur.

• Last visit to Vík í Mýrdal: Sep 2007
  • Intro Updated Mar 1, 2008

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2010 at 7:14 AM

I would love to visit Iceland, such a fascinating country.

• loisl's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2010 at 6:42 AM

You have some very nice pic's from Island! Happy travelling, Peter

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2008 at 4:36 AM

Another great page and pictures! I will be travelling the south-coast this summer, we travelled in N-Iceland last summer.

• agapotravel's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2007 at 12:32 PM

Hi again!! Did you stop at Vik or did you get to see more of the country? We drove around the entire island (including West Fjords)....over 3000 km. :-)

a5floor

“LIVE LIFE TO THE MAX!!!”

Badges & Stats in Vík í Mýrdal

Have you been to Vík í Mýrdal?

Latest Activity in Vík í Mýrdal