"WELCOME TO MY HOMEPAGE" a5floor's Profile

Hiya,

My name is Janka and I live in the Netherlands (Apeldoorn to be exactly).

Traveling is one of my big passions. I love to explore this planet! :) Some people are staying on the same campingspot in the same country year in year out. I try to go to different countries each year: exploring the culture, historic features, meet local people... Just having a good time. On my trips I have a diary. I write down everything that happened during the day. There are a few pages on VT where I have put my diary on. Hopefully you will enjoy them! :)
Living in Europe is a great benefit. There are so many countries to go to and you can go to other countries really easily. From my hometown it is about 45 minutes to Germany, 2/2,5 hours to Belgium and in 6 hours you are in Paris, France (all distances are driven by car).

The first years of my live I was camping in a tent. Later on my parents bought a caravan. The last couple of years I am staying in hotels. Every aspect has it charm.

Here is a list of countries which I have visited in the past.

Receiving postcards is one other thing I like. So, if you want to send me a postcard from your next trip, please give me a line for my address. See below for postcards that I received from VT-members. So far I have received (and bought myself) 250 postcards from all over the world (per 08 January 2010). And it is still counting! For my collection, see my facebook page.

Since January 2002 I am a member of virtualtourist.com. Back then I was looking around on the internet. At one point I saw this site. So, I went to have a look. And from that point I am hooked on this site. There are so many great & interesting pages/photos on this site. The site can be an addiction from time to time.

Have fun traveling and till next time.

Janka

PS: If you want to use one of my pictures, please ask first. Thanks!

Upcoming travels

2014

Mauritius

From 23 June till 7 July 2012 I was in Mauritius.

Mauritius
Flic-en-Flacq

Macedonia

From 26 May till 5 June 2011 I went to Macedonia. I attended 2 meetings. First was the Euromeet. After that the wine & food crawl. Both meetings were really great and nice. I have seen a lot during those days. :)

Here are links for the pages I have started:
Macedonia
Stip, Macedonia
Strumica, Macedonia
Venica, Macedonia

VT-meet Zaanse Schans

On 15 September 2010 there was a VT-meet at the Zaanse Schans, the Netherlands. In total there were 5 persons who joined the meeting (including myself). It was a nice meeting with perfect weather (sunny, but windy).

Zaanse Schans, the Netherlands

Canada

From 31 July till 13 August 2010 I went to Canada. I stayed with family and travelled from there (daytrips mainly).

Bala, Canada
Province of Ontario, Canada
Canada
Greenland

Eurodisney, Paris, France

From 24 August 2009 till 28 August 2009 I went to Eurodisney, Paris, France. I really loved being here!! Seeing Mickey and his friends, Fantasyland....

Eurodisney, Paris, France

If YOU have the chance, you should go here. You won't regret it!!

De Cocksdorp, Texel, the Netherlands

From 13 July till 19 July 2009 I went to Texel, the Netherlands. I was there with my sister & nieces. Had a good time over there. Luckily the weather was good (first 4 days it was sunny, then the last 3 days it was clowdy/showers/sunny).

De Cocksdorp, Texel, the Netherlands
De Koog, Texel, the Netherlands
Den Burg, Texel, the Netherlands
Den Hoorn, Texel, the Netherlands
Texel, the Netherlands

• Intro Updated Jan 1, 2014

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
a5floor's Profile Photo

a5floor

“LIVE LIFE TO THE MAX!!!”

Real Name