"Minneapolis_Salvador" msp_ssa's Profile

I'm Ben, the MSP of our name and my wife, Gladys, is the SSA part, Salvador Brazil. We don't travel too much and now that we have 3 kids it's even more of a rarity. Nevertheless we both have now lived far from our home bases for an extended period of time. Geography in general has always been an interest of mine and working in the travel industry for the past 10 years has constantly primed my desire for travel.

The move?

The cold weather of Minneapolis is getting to me and you can imagine what it's doing to a Brazilian who grew up on the beach. We are considering a move to a warmer climate. Not sure where yet. Minneapolis has a lot of good qualities that are hard to leave behind.

Trip to Brazil

We traveled to Salvador BA Brazil in November 2004. Our 2 girls got to meet their Brazilian grandma and see many relatives.

We stopped in Miami for a day on the way to Brazil and we were impressed with what we saw. Maybe we will look at that side of Florida for a possible relocation.

After being out of Salvador for 5 years I was surprised at how comfortable it all felt down there during our stay. That would be a fun place to live also.

• Intro Updated Jan 18, 2010

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• riorich55's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Another Rick Steves fan. He's is the one I credit for really opening my eyes to Europe and all it had to offer. Met him briefly when he was in the Chicago area back in 2007.

• onlinerep's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2010 at 5:00 AM

Thnx for your kind comments Ben. Hope you get to go to both Malaga AND Ellis Island!! :)

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2010 at 10:57 PM

Hanging with Timbalada... you lucky guy!! I've always wanted to see them live. A few years ago they played in Salvador for Reveillon but the entrance was about RS 200. I could not afford it at that time, my trip was just coming to its end :(

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Hi Ben! Enjoyed reading your homepage and hope you and your wife and 3 kids have a great new year. Cheers from the JumpingFamily, Norman :)

• tropicrd's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2010 at 8:36 PM

Hi Ben,sorry it's taken so long to welcome you--no excuses as I have seen you in the forums. I like your PPP it really is a great pic. Dorrise

• Guantanamera's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2009 at 8:27 AM

Thanks, Ben! Happy new year!

• gregoryr1m's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2008 at 8:36 AM

Hiya Ben. Merry Christmas to you as well. You ask a good question. I haven't priced out cameras in a bout 3 or 4 years but I think the Lumix is a good camera.

• VZ-Pam's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2008 at 5:29 PM

Happy holidays to you ! Merry christmas ....thanks for visiting :)

• mustertal's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2008 at 3:30 PM

Happy Holiday to you and your family Ben, I just love the link to the photos of Santa.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
msp_ssa's Profile Photo

msp_ssa

“Ditto anything Rick Steves says”

Real Name