Halifax Sports & Outdoors Tips by pieter_jan_v Top 5 Page for this destination
Halifax Sports & Outdoors: 8 reviews and 10 photos
I HEART BICYCLES - Halifax NS
I HEART BICYCLES was founded by Sarah Craig founded on July 1, 2011.
The small shop offers bicycle tours, bike rentals, dating services and bicycle related merchandise.
Bicycly rental fees:
1 hr CAD 9.00
2 hrs CAD 15.00
3 hrs CAD 20.00
4 hrs CAD 25.00
1 Day CAD 45.00
Available bicycle tours:
Old Halifax, New Halifax (~2hr); CAD 39.00
Old Halifax, New Halifax and Picnic on the Hill (~3 hrs); CAD 59.00
Halifax Night Tour (2.5 hrs); CAD 59.00
Equipment: Rental bicycle
Address: 1325 Lower Water St. - Halifax, NS B3J 1S5
Directions: At the waterfront
Rain does not stop the Halifax runners!
Walking, running and hiking seems to be very popular.
The Point Pleasant Park is good for a run.
If you are more into the extremes try the Citadel hill for a chance.
For a pleasant walk go to the Public Gardens during daytime.
If you are a car driver be aware of the many runners that go through town on the early and late hours and in the weekends. Just stop for them.
There are runs organised to raise money and in Spring it's time for the Halifax Marathon on the Victoria Day weekend.
Equipment: Running shoes.
Only in Canada: Snowboarding without snow!
I was walking one evening along Hollis close to Terminal Rd when I heard the sound of hockey sticks late in the evening. An abandoned parking lot was taking over by young sporters.
To my surprise later that week in the weekend PRO organised a snowboard event at the same location. As it was a mild late November no natural snow had fallen. No problem, they just hauled some truckloads of snow and build their own ramps. It was a big party with music and everything available.
Equipment: Snow boards (or hockey sticks)
Directions: East side of Hollis
Theme: Extreme Sports
Bikes by Dave
More and more bikelanes are being created. That does not mean special paths are made; most of the time it's just a painted lane on an existing road. So, beware you share the road with all traffic!
Most bikers use ATB's due to the hilly nature of Halifax.
Bicycles can be hired on a number of locations like:
- Ideal Bikes - 1678 Barrington St.
- Bikes by Dave - 2828 Windsor St.
- Cyclesmith - 6112 Quinpool Rd.
More Reviews (179)
- See All Handbags
- See All An English Pub
- See All Wires spoiling the picture
- See All Live music at Argyle
- See All Burns Statue
pieter_jan_v's Related Pages
Halifax Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "WE ALTERNATE"
- "Where Tvor Lives"
- "Halifax MY Home Town"
- "Fantastic Halifax"
- "Halifax - North America's Major Port City"
- "Canada's Ocean Playground"
- "Sleeping with Juan: Halifax"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Halifax
- Hotels in Halifax
- Transportation in Halifax
- Nightlife in Halifax
- Restaurants in Halifax
- Shopping in Halifax
- Warnings and Dangers in Halifax
- See All...
Explore the World
- Woodrow Hotels
- Little Saint Martin Island Hotels
- Flagler Beach
- Lowestoft Hotels
- N'Djamena Hotels
- The beach & swimming
- Province of New Brunswick Sports & Outdoors
- Pulau Tioman Sports & Outdoors
- Dalian Sports & Outdoors
- Jiddah Sports & Outdoors
- Grindelwald Sports & Outdoors
- Borås Sports & Outdoors
- Pristina Sports & Outdoors
- Endurance Trail Running
- Torremolinos Sports & Outdoors
- Kolkata (Calcutta) Sports & Outdoors
- Chon Buri Sports & Outdoors
Badges & Stats in Halifax
- 183 Reviews
- 417 Photos
- 72 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (109)
Have you been to Halifax?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Halifax
- Posted in Travel The Bahamas Forum "Re: Bahamas out island advice "
- Commented on one of tvor's Halifax tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "Dinner and Live Music"
- updated a Halifax Travelogue "Halifax Citadel National Historic Site / CITADEL"
- Wrote a Review Handbags in Halifax Shopping
- Uploaded a Video to Halifax
Photos in HalifaxSee All Photos (417)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 465 reviews, 1430 photos, 28 travelogues
- London Intro, 147 reviews, 740 photos, 10 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 140 reviews, 604 photos, 22 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 72 reviews, 642 photos, 10 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 92 reviews, 512 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 183 reviews, 416 photos, 7 travelogues
- Hengelo Intro, 152 reviews, 397 photos, 9 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 70 reviews, 472 photos, 7 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 78 reviews, 445 photos, 10 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 83 reviews, 335 photos, 18 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (204)
Latest Halifax hotel reviews
- Country Inn & Suites Dartmouth
- 106 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 11, 2013
- Westin Nova Scotian
- 841 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 15, 2013
- Waverley Inn
- 292 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 15, 2013
- Halliburton House Inn
- 219 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Cambridge Suites Hotel
- 601 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Delta Barrington
- 264 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 14, 2013
- The Prince George Hotel
- 520 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 19, 2013
- Quality Inn Halifax Airport
- 207 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 17, 2013
- Heritage House Hostel
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 17, 2013
- Fountain View Guest House
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 27, 2013
- Lord Nelson Hotel
- 409 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Radisson Suite Hotel Halifax
- 325 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 16, 2013
- White Point Beach
- 214 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Another Era Bed and Breakfast
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Halifax Backpackers Hostel
- 64 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 10, 2013
- Halifax Citadel National Historic Site- 32 Reviews, 54 Photos
- Downtown Halifax- 16 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Halifax Harbour- 21 Reviews, 35 Photos
- Peggy's Cove- 18 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Waterfront / Historic Properties- 23 Reviews, 29 Photos
- Historic Landmarks- 15 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Maritime Museum of the Atlantic- 11 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Alexander Keith's Brewery- 10 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Public Gardens- 17 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Pier 21- 10 Reviews, 12 Photos
See All Halifax Things to Do