"KANATA" Kanata by pieter_jan_v
Kanata Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 17 photos
Kanata is an ever growing community, 22 km from downtown Ottawa along the 417 Highway.
In 1978 it became a city from the Township of March.
The area is chosen as a high-tech development area and many high-tech industries like DEC, later Digital, Compaq and now HP; Mitel, Alcatel-Lucent, Dell Canada, Nortel (exploded after the mobile phone crisis) and Cisco Systems, Inc.
Furthermore the Senators Icehockey stadium -The Corel Centre; now Scotiabank Place- was build here with grow potential for additional development like for instance the car dealerships (opened in 2007).
Housing development goes on in parallel with the industry development, creating its own road congestion.
- Pros:An icehockey stadium (with next door car dealership)
- Cons:Increasing development
- In a nutshell:Where the new money is flowing
Moxie's Classic Grill is a modern restaurant, part of the Moxie chain. The kanata building is new, stylish with a... more travel advice
The Kanata Scores restaurant is a popular family restaurant with salad bar and take-away service. Count on an everage... more travel advice
pieter_jan_v's Related Pages
Kanata Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Kanata
- 8 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (270)
Have you been to Kanata?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kanata
Photos in KanataSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 538 reviews, 1644 photos, 34 travelogues
- London Intro, 308 reviews, 1237 photos, 17 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 140 reviews, 604 photos, 22 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 72 reviews, 642 photos, 10 travelogues
- Hengelo Intro, 186 reviews, 486 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 92 reviews, 512 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 184 reviews, 419 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 131 reviews, 465 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 70 reviews, 472 photos, 7 travelogues
- Haarlem Intro, 181 reviews, 360 photos, 7 travelogues