"LUNENBURG, NOVA SCOTIA" Top 5 Page for this destination Lunenburg by pieter_jan_v
Lunenburg Travel Guide: 111 reviews and 329 photos
Lunenburg celibrated its 250 year existance in 2003. The town is a UNESCO world heritage site. Lunenburg is located at the Lahave River and has a strong German influence, because after the town was founded by Mi'kmaq natives and Acadians a second wave of foreign protestant settlers came over from Germany, Switserland and the French Montbeliard region.
1 July 1987 Lunenburg was raided by about 100 privateers.
- Pros:Very pitoresque
- Cons:Too many tourists at times
- In a nutshell:History in the living
This town has the settler's atmosphere in every house. It's like being time warped 200 years back. It's a pleasure to... more travel advice
St. Andrews Presbyterian Church dates from 1828. It was founded by the oldest Presbyterian congregation in Canada, that... more travel advice
- See All Art
- See All Seafood and Canadian Traditionals
- Stone Cold
- Wooden houses everywhere
pieter_jan_v's Related Pages
Lunenburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lunenburg - A Wonderful & Colourful Town"
- "LOVELY LUNENBURG"
- "LUNENBURG, NOVA SCOTIA"
- "A day-trip to Lunenburg, home of Bluenose II"
- "So wonderful it is UNESCO rated."
- "Lunenberg: Seacoast Jewel in Nova Scotia"
- "Lunenburg - a rather dull UNESCO world heritage"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lunenburg
- Hotels in Lunenburg
- Transportation in Lunenburg
- Nightlife in Lunenburg
- Restaurants in Lunenburg
- Shopping in Lunenburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Lunenburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lunenburg
- 41 Reviews
- 83 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (289)
Have you been to Lunenburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lunenburg
Photos in LunenburgSee All Photos (83)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 655 reviews, 1955 photos, 37 travelogues
- London Intro, 308 reviews, 1238 photos, 17 travelogues
- Aachen Intro, 198 reviews, 633 photos, 23 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 140 reviews, 622 photos, 23 travelogues
- Hengelo Intro, 200 reviews, 543 photos, 9 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 72 reviews, 642 photos, 10 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 92 reviews, 512 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 184 reviews, 419 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 131 reviews, 469 photos, 9 travelogues
- Haarlem Intro, 182 reviews, 365 photos, 8 travelogues