"LUNENBURG, NOVA SCOTIA" Top 5 Page for this destination Lunenburg by pieter_jan_v
Lunenburg Travel Guide: 73 reviews and 239 photos
Lunenburg celibrated its 250 year existance in 2003. The town is a UNESCO world heritage site. Lunenburg is located at the Lahave River and has a strong German influence, because after the town was founded by Mi'kmaq natives and Acadians a second wave of foreign protestant settlers came over from Germany, Switserland and the French Montbeliard region.
1 July 1987 Lunenburg was raided by about 100 privateers.
- Pros:Very pitoresque
- Cons:Too many tourists at times
- In a nutshell:History in the living
This town has the settler's atmosphere in every house. It's like being time warped 200 years back. more travel advice
St. Andrews Presbyterian Church dates from 1828. more travel advice
- See All Art
- See All Seafood and Canadian Traditionals
- Stone Cold
- Wooden houses everywhere
pieter_jan_v's Related Pages
Lunenburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lunenburg - A Wonderful & Colourful Town"
- "LOVELY LUNENBURG"
- "LUNENBURG, NOVA SCOTIA"
- "A day-trip to Lunenburg, home of Bluenose II"
- "Lunenberg: Seacoast Jewel in Nova Scotia"
- "Lunenburg - a rather dull UNESCO world heritage"
- "UNESCO World Heritage Site"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lunenburg
- Hotels in Lunenburg
- Transportation in Lunenburg
- Nightlife in Lunenburg
- Restaurants in Lunenburg
- Shopping in Lunenburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Lunenburg
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Lunenburg
- 41 Reviews
- 83 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (109)
Have you been to Lunenburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lunenburg
Photos in LunenburgSee All Photos (83)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 458 reviews, 1392 photos, 28 travelogues
- London Intro, 147 reviews, 740 photos, 10 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 140 reviews, 604 photos, 22 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 72 reviews, 642 photos, 10 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 92 reviews, 512 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 183 reviews, 416 photos, 7 travelogues
- Hengelo Intro, 151 reviews, 395 photos, 9 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 70 reviews, 472 photos, 7 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 78 reviews, 445 photos, 10 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 83 reviews, 335 photos, 18 travelogues