"Peenemünde" Peenemünde by pieter_jan_v
Peenemünde Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 61 photos
Peenemünde is known as research site for the V2-rockets that were developped by the Nazi regime as a kind of miracle weapon. Werner von Braun was the leading technical director and after the war his war record was cleared, so he could work on the US Apollo project. Most of buildings and the launch sites were destroyed at the end of the war. Peenemünde's Power Works (necessary to power the Oxigen factory) survived and is now transformed into an interesting museum. Not only rockets are on display; also planes and a ship of the former East German Navy can be visited.
Behind the entrance gate the first thing you see in the museum garden is a V2-rocket.
More museum in my Peenemünde travelogues.
- Pros:Good piece of history
- Cons:It brings back the pain of WW2
- In a nutshell:Rockets
pieter_jan_v's Related Pages
Peenemünde Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A missile base at the end of the world"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Peenemünde
- 4 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (268)
Have you been to Peenemünde?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Peenemünde
Photos in PeenemündeSee All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 535 reviews, 1623 photos, 31 travelogues
- London Intro, 308 reviews, 1237 photos, 17 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 140 reviews, 604 photos, 22 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 72 reviews, 642 photos, 10 travelogues
- Hengelo Intro, 172 reviews, 455 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 92 reviews, 512 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 184 reviews, 419 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 131 reviews, 463 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 70 reviews, 472 photos, 7 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 78 reviews, 445 photos, 10 travelogues