Amsterdam Hotel Tips by pieter_jan_v Top 5 Page for this destination
Amsterdam Hotels: 104,845 reviews and 1,165 photos
Amsterdam B&B-general info
Individual Bed & Breakfasts:
Theme: Bed and Breakfast
Here are some hostel and hotel addresses:
Our recommended Amsterdam hotels listed from cheap to expensive
STAYOKAY (STADSDOELEN, VONDELPARK & ZEEBURG)
HANS BRINKERS HOTEL
FLYING PIG (2 Amsterdam locations and a beach location at the village of Noordwijk)
CHRISTIAN YOUTH HOSTELS in the Jordaan & RLD
International Budget Hostel
Airbnb Bread & Breakfast addresses - wimdu Bread & Breakfast addresses
Hostelle, a hostel for women only
Multiple Amsterdam hostel links
EASY TO BOOK HOTELS
Amsterdam Hotel service
Unique Qualities: HOTELS AROUND THE SCHIPHOL AIRPORT
Cheap hotel near the RAI exhibition center: Hotel V (a hip budget hotel)
Downtown map with available hotels
Amsterdam slaapt (Amsterdam sleeps), A website by Vincent van Dijk, who in 2010 was sleeping each night in a different Amsterdam hotel.
Stopera and surroundings
Here are some links to Amsterdam Apartment websites:
Expat rentals. Short- and long stays
Amsterdam Sublets (Craig's list)
Vacation home rentals
Houseboats and Appartments
Canal Appartments (indiviual):
555 at the Prinsengracht
Live like a local
Sleeping in a church
Cornerhouse Hotel - Amsterdam
Never stayed here, but walked along it many times with even noticing this old landmark.
It's a small hotel with 16 double rooms and 4 single rooms.
If you want to know more contact VT-member geoffboxer; it's one of his favorite hotels.
Unique Qualities: Great lacation, bar downstairs. Restaurant Oud Holland nearby. At the heart of Amsterdam.
Address: Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 121 - 1019 NK Amsterdam
Directions: Just South of the Nieuwe Kerk at the Dam square at the corner of the Gravenstraat and Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal.
Hotel Wiechmann - Amsterdam
Unique Qualities: Hotel Wiechmann became famous by Ted Dale Boddy. As an US soldier he met Niccy in Amsterdam in 1953 and they fell in love. Niccy was the daughter of the hotel's owners and Ted and she married and took over the hotel. The manager of the Flying Burrito Brothers picked the hotel from a catalogue and the Dire Straits, Eagles and Sex Pistols followed. Niccy started a booking office and at the hotel some small concerts were held. Ted died at december 18, 2003. His son is running the business since 2001.
Address: Prinsengracht 328-332 - 1016 HX Amsterdam
Directions: Outer Canal Ring
Amstel Botel - Amsterdam
The Amstel Botel is a floating hotel that was located at the East-side of the Central Station for many years. In January 2008 the Botel moved to the other side of "'IJ", the Amsterdam harbour.
In 2013 she was joined by the Veronica ship.
The ferry (most left one, when exciting the Centraal Station) from the Central Station is free and will bring you to its new location.
Also there's a free shuttle bus service from the Central Station.
Address: NDSM-Pier 3 - 1033 RG Amsterdam
Comparison: about average
Directions: NDSM ferry from the North-side of the Central Station..
Gaasper Camping - Amsterdam
Lloyd Hotel Side and Frontside
The Lloyd Hotel is housed in the former migrants boarding house build in the 1920s, a kind of Dutch Ellis Island. Much of the original decorations and installation are used in the redesign to create the new Hotel. The Lloyd Hotel has set the goal to act as a Dutch cultural meeting point.
Unique Qualities: The rooms vary from 1 to five star, because the interior walls more or less were untouched, creating a variety of room sizes with their unique furniture. Prices vary from Euro 95 to 450.
Guided tours can be arranged on appointment.
Address: Oostelijke Handelskade 34 - 1019 BN Amsterdam
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Public Transport: Tram 26 tramstop Rietland Park.
By car: From the A10 ring take the Zeeburg/Centrum/Artis exit and follow the S114 through the Piet Hein tunnel.
Other Contact: fax: +31-20-5613600
Hotel Brouwer - Spring 2007
This is a former hotel for non-alcoholics. The owner is the third in line and he rebuild the hotel in its old glory.
2007 update: The restauration is completed and the place looks wonderful.
Unique Qualities: The historic building dates from 1652.
Address: Singel 83 - 1012 VE Amsterdam
Directions: Exit the Central station towards the city and bear right. Cross the bridge and the large street and turn right onto "Prins Hendrikkade." Walk straight to the first canal and turn left (now you should be on the "Singel").
Amstel Hotel - Amsterdam
This is Amsterdam's most exclusive hotel, where movie stars and heads of state will stay.
Unique Qualities: Enrty by boat at the hotel's own Amstel landing-stage.
Address: Professor Tulpplein 1 - 1018 GX Amsterdam
Directions: South of the Stopera/Waterlooplein at the East side of the Amstel river
More Reviews (466)
- See All Ethiopian food
- See All Just bathrobes
- See All Herman Heijermans statue
- See All Schapenburgerpad
- See All Eurolines bus
- See All Swimming - De Mirandabad
pieter_jan_v's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "Dutch Arts and History."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 512 Reviews
- 1,561 Photos
- 3,723 Forum posts
- 171 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (110)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
- Posted in Travel Tel Aviv-Yafo Forum "Re: shopping in tel aviv israel"
- Wrote a Review Ethiopian food about Walia Ibex - Ethiopian restaurant in Amsterdam Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Ethiopian food"
- Commented on one of johngayton's Amsterdam tips
- updated a Amsterdam Travel Page "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- Commented on the Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport , Amsterdam travel guide
Photos in AmsterdamSee All Photos (1561)
Read real reviews about Amsterdam Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 512 reviews, 1558 photos, 30 travelogues
- London Intro, 147 reviews, 740 photos, 10 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 140 reviews, 604 photos, 22 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 72 reviews, 642 photos, 10 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 92 reviews, 512 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 183 reviews, 417 photos, 7 travelogues
- Hengelo Intro, 159 reviews, 423 photos, 9 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 70 reviews, 472 photos, 7 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 78 reviews, 445 photos, 10 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 83 reviews, 335 photos, 18 travelogues
- Red Light District - De Wallen- 144 Reviews, 163 Photos
- Anne Frank House- 241 Reviews, 252 Photos
- Canal Boat Tours- 189 Reviews, 307 Photos
- Sex Museum- 49 Reviews, 59 Photos
- Coffee Shops- 123 Reviews, 132 Photos
- Rijksmuseum- 210 Reviews, 350 Photos
- Heineken Brewery- 98 Reviews, 139 Photos
- Flower Market - Bloemenmarkt- 66 Reviews, 102 Photos
- Van Gogh Museum- 166 Reviews, 176 Photos
- Dam Square- 89 Reviews, 164 Photos
See All Amsterdam Things to Do