Amsterdam Hotel Tips by pieter_jan_v Top 5 Page for this destination
Amsterdam Hotels: 292,742 reviews and 1,232 photos
Here are some hostel and hotel addresses:
Our recommended Amsterdam hotels listed from cheap to expensive
STAYOKAY (STADSDOELEN, VONDELPARK & ZEEBURG)
HANS BRINKERS HOTEL
FLYING PIG (2 Amsterdam locations and a beach location at the village of Noordwijk)
CHRISTIAN YOUTH HOSTELS in the Jordaan & RLD
International Budget Hostel
Airbnb Bread & Breakfast addresses - wimdu Bread & Breakfast addresses
Hostelle, a hostel for women only
Multiple Amsterdam hostel links
EASY TO BOOK HOTELS
Amsterdam Hotel service
Unique Qualities: HOTELS AROUND THE SCHIPHOL AIRPORT
Cheap hotel near the RAI exhibition center: Hotel V (a hip budget hotel)
Downtown map with available hotels
Amsterdam slaapt (Amsterdam sleeps), A website by Vincent van Dijk, who in 2010 was sleeping each night in a different Amsterdam hotel.
Amsterdam B&B-general info
Individual Bed & Breakfasts:
Theme: Bed and Breakfast
Stopera and surroundings
Here are some links to Amsterdam Apartment websites:
Expat rentals. Short- and long stays
Amsterdam Sublets (Craig's list)
Vacation home rentals
Houseboats and Appartments
Canal Appartments (indiviual):
555 at the Prinsengracht
Live like a local
Sleeping in a church
Cornerhouse Hotel - Amsterdam
Never stayed here, but walked along it many times with even noticing this old landmark.
It's a small hotel with 16 double rooms and 4 single rooms.
If you want to know more contact VT-member geoffboxer; it's one of his favorite hotels.
Unique Qualities: Great lacation, bar downstairs. Restaurant Oud Holland nearby. At the heart of Amsterdam.
Address: Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 121 - 1019 NK Amsterdam
Directions: Just South of the Nieuwe Kerk at the Dam square at the corner of the Gravenstraat and Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal.
Hotel Wiechmann - Amsterdam
Unique Qualities: Hotel Wiechmann became famous by Ted Dale Boddy. As an US soldier he met Niccy in Amsterdam in 1953 and they fell in love. Niccy was the daughter of the hotel's owners and Ted and she married and took over the hotel. The manager of the Flying Burrito Brothers picked the hotel from a catalogue and the Dire Straits, Eagles and Sex Pistols followed. Niccy started a booking office and at the hotel some small concerts were held. Ted died at december 18, 2003. His son is running the business since 2001.
Address: Prinsengracht 328-332 - 1016 HX Amsterdam
Directions: Outer Canal Ring
Amstel Botel - Amsterdam
The Amstel Botel is a floating hotel that was located at the East-side of the Central Station for many years. In January 2008 the Botel moved to the other side of "'IJ", the Amsterdam harbour.
In 2013 she was joined by the Veronica ship.
The ferry (most left one, when exciting the Centraal Station) from the Central Station is free and will bring you to its new location.
Also there's a free shuttle bus service from the Central Station.
Address: NDSM-Pier 3 - 1033 RG Amsterdam
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: NDSM ferry from the North-side of the Central Station..
Gaasper Camping - Amsterdam
Lloyd Hotel Side and Frontside
The Lloyd Hotel is housed in the former migrants boarding house build in the 1920s, a kind of Dutch Ellis Island. Much of the original decorations and installation are used in the redesign to create the new Hotel. The Lloyd Hotel has set the goal to act as a Dutch cultural meeting point.
Unique Qualities: The rooms vary from 1 to five star, because the interior walls more or less were untouched, creating a variety of room sizes with their unique furniture. Prices vary from Euro 95 to 450.
Guided tours can be arranged on appointment.
Address: Oostelijke Handelskade 34 - 1019 BN Amsterdam
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Public Transport: Tram 26 tramstop Rietland Park.
By car: From the A10 ring take the Zeeburg/Centrum/Artis exit and follow the S114 through the Piet Hein tunnel.
Other Contact: fax: +31-20-5613600
Hotel Brouwer - Spring 2007
This is a former hotel for non-alcoholics. The owner is the third in line and he rebuild the hotel in its old glory.
2007 update: The restauration is completed and the place looks wonderful.
Unique Qualities: The historic building dates from 1652.
Address: Singel 83 - 1012 VE Amsterdam
Directions: Exit the Central station towards the city and bear right. Cross the bridge and the large street and turn right onto "Prins Hendrikkade." Walk straight to the first canal and turn left (now you should be on the "Singel").
Amstel Hotel - Amsterdam
This is Amsterdam's most exclusive hotel, where movie stars and heads of state will stay.
2014 update: The hotel has been sold to the Katara Hospitality group from Qatar.
Unique Qualities: Enrty by boat at the hotel's own Amstel landing-stage.
Address: Professor Tulpplein 1 - 1018 GX Amsterdam
Directions: South of the Stopera/Waterlooplein at the East side of the Amstel river
More Reviews (593)
- See All Ripley's Believe It Or Not
- See All Vrouw met Stola - statue
- See All Eurotrans
- See All At the NDSM
- See All Former shipyard buildings
- See All Signs of the tradesmen
pieter_jan_v's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "Dutch Arts and History."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 655 Reviews
- 1,958 Photos
- 3,920 Forum posts
- 173 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (292)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Ranks not updated?"
- Commented on one of Chinggis_n_Borte's Amsterdam tips
- created a Amsterdam Travelogue "Amsterdam reflected on record covers, part 8"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Amsterdam reflected on record covers, part 8"
- Wrote a Review Ripley's Believe It Or Not in Amsterdam Things to Do
- Commented on the Driving & Parking, Amsterdam travel guide
Photos in AmsterdamSee All Photos (1958)
Read real reviews about Amsterdam Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 655 reviews, 1956 photos, 38 travelogues
- London Intro, 308 reviews, 1238 photos, 17 travelogues
- Aachen Intro, 198 reviews, 633 photos, 23 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 140 reviews, 622 photos, 23 travelogues
- Hengelo Intro, 201 reviews, 549 photos, 9 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 72 reviews, 642 photos, 10 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 92 reviews, 512 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 184 reviews, 419 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 131 reviews, 470 photos, 9 travelogues
- Haarlem Intro, 182 reviews, 365 photos, 8 travelogues
- Rijksmuseum- 215 Reviews, 366 Photos
- Anne Frank House- 243 Reviews, 259 Photos
- Canal Boat Tours- 197 Reviews, 321 Photos
- Van Gogh Museum- 168 Reviews, 182 Photos
- Red Light District - De Wallen- 151 Reviews, 181 Photos
- Coffee (Cannabis) shops- 126 Reviews, 141 Photos
- Dam Square- 93 Reviews, 174 Photos
- Canals- 83 Reviews, 173 Photos
- Koninklijk Paleis - Royal Palace- 94 Reviews, 146 Photos
- Heineken Brewery- 97 Reviews, 136 Photos
See All Amsterdam Things to Do