Amsterdam Hotel Tips by pieter_jan_v Top 5 Page for this destination
Amsterdam Hotels: 114,244 reviews and 1,167 photos
Here are some hostel and hotel addresses:
Our recommended Amsterdam hotels listed from cheap to expensive
STAYOKAY (STADSDOELEN, VONDELPARK & ZEEBURG)
HANS BRINKERS HOTEL
FLYING PIG (2 Amsterdam locations and a beach location at the village of Noordwijk)
CHRISTIAN YOUTH HOSTELS in the Jordaan & RLD
International Budget Hostel
Airbnb Bread & Breakfast addresses - wimdu Bread & Breakfast addresses
Hostelle, a hostel for women only
Multiple Amsterdam hostel links
EASY TO BOOK HOTELS
Amsterdam Hotel service
Unique Qualities: HOTELS AROUND THE SCHIPHOL AIRPORT
Cheap hotel near the RAI exhibition center: Hotel V (a hip budget hotel)
Downtown map with available hotels
Amsterdam slaapt (Amsterdam sleeps), A website by Vincent van Dijk, who in 2010 was sleeping each night in a different Amsterdam hotel.
Amsterdam B&B-general info
Individual Bed & Breakfasts:
Theme: Bed and Breakfast
Stopera and surroundings
Here are some links to Amsterdam Apartment websites:
Expat rentals. Short- and long stays
Amsterdam Sublets (Craig's list)
Vacation home rentals
Houseboats and Appartments
Canal Appartments (indiviual):
555 at the Prinsengracht
Live like a local
Sleeping in a church
Gaasper Camping - Amsterdam
Amstel Botel - Amsterdam
The Amstel Botel is a floating hotel that was located at the East-side of the Central Station for many years. In January 2008 the Botel moved to the other side of "'IJ", the Amsterdam harbour.
In 2013 she was joined by the Veronica ship.
The ferry (most left one, when exciting the Centraal Station) from the Central Station is free and will bring you to its new location.
Also there's a free shuttle bus service from the Central Station.
Address: NDSM-Pier 3 - 1033 RG Amsterdam
Comparison: about average
Directions: NDSM ferry from the North-side of the Central Station..
Cornerhouse Hotel - Amsterdam
Never stayed here, but walked along it many times with even noticing this old landmark.
It's a small hotel with 16 double rooms and 4 single rooms.
If you want to know more contact VT-member geoffboxer; it's one of his favorite hotels.
Unique Qualities: Great lacation, bar downstairs. Restaurant Oud Holland nearby. At the heart of Amsterdam.
Address: Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 121 - 1019 NK Amsterdam
Directions: Just South of the Nieuwe Kerk at the Dam square at the corner of the Gravenstraat and Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal.
Hotel Singel - Dining area
This hotel was picked by my friend leics for her visit to Amsterdam. The location is great at just a 10 minutes walk from the Central Station and close to the crossing of the Singel and Brouwersgracht canals. The hotel is housed in three canal houses and has some odd internal corners, but it's a great place to be with much comfort included. Staff is friendly and helpful.
Address: Singel 13/17 - 1012 VC Amsterdam
Comparison: about average
Directions: Next to the former "Koepelkerk"; a round building you cannot miss.
Lloyd Hotel Side and Frontside
The Lloyd Hotel is housed in the former migrants boarding house build in the 1920s, a kind of Dutch Ellis Island. Much of the original decorations and installation are used in the redesign to create the new Hotel. The Lloyd Hotel has set the goal to act as a Dutch cultural meeting point.
Unique Qualities: The rooms vary from 1 to five star, because the interior walls more or less were untouched, creating a variety of room sizes with their unique furniture. Prices vary from Euro 95 to 450.
Guided tours can be arranged on appointment.
Address: Oostelijke Handelskade 34 - 1019 BN Amsterdam
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Public Transport: Tram 26 tramstop Rietland Park.
By car: From the A10 ring take the Zeeburg/Centrum/Artis exit and follow the S114 through the Piet Hein tunnel.
Other Contact: fax: +31-20-5613600
American Hotel - Amsterdam
The American Hotel is one of Amsterdam best known hotels. It's been there since 1900 and has been restored to its original art-deco grandeur.
It's located close to the Leidseplein and the Vondelpark.
Address: Leidsekade 97 - 1017 PN Amsterdam
Directions: Leidseplein area
Trams #1, #2 and #5.
Marriott Hotel entrance
The Mariott is one of the bigger Amsterdam hotels and very popular. Its location is close to the Leidseplein and Vondelpark, which makes it an attractive place to stay.
Address: Stadhouderskade 12 - 1054 ES Amsterdam
Directions: Just South of the leidseplein
More Reviews (467)
- See All Merchandise with a WOW factor
- See All Ethiopian food
- See All Herman Heijermans statue
- See All Schapenburgerpad
- See All Eurolines bus
- See All Swimming - De Mirandabad
pieter_jan_v's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "Dutch Arts and History."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 515 Reviews
- 1,574 Photos
- 3,752 Forum posts
- 171 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (110)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: BIG GREY BOX"
- Commented on one of Bilimari's Amsterdam tips
- updated a Amsterdam Travelogue "VT-Meeting June 15, 2013. Steve & Kate in town"
- Uploaded a Photo to "VT-Meeting June 15, 2013. Steve & Kate in town"
- Wrote a Review Merchandise with a WOW factor in Amsterdam Shopping
- Commented on the Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport , Amsterdam travel guide
Photos in AmsterdamSee All Photos (1574)
Read real reviews about Amsterdam Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 515 reviews, 1571 photos, 31 travelogues
- London Intro, 166 reviews, 821 photos, 10 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 140 reviews, 604 photos, 22 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 72 reviews, 642 photos, 10 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 92 reviews, 512 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 184 reviews, 419 photos, 7 travelogues
- Hengelo Intro, 164 reviews, 433 photos, 9 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 70 reviews, 472 photos, 7 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 78 reviews, 445 photos, 10 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 83 reviews, 335 photos, 18 travelogues
- Red Light District - De Wallen- 144 Reviews, 163 Photos
- Canal Boat Tours- 189 Reviews, 307 Photos
- Anne Frank House- 241 Reviews, 252 Photos
- Sex Museum- 49 Reviews, 59 Photos
- Dam Square- 89 Reviews, 164 Photos
- Coffee Shops- 123 Reviews, 132 Photos
- Rijksmuseum- 210 Reviews, 350 Photos
- Van Gogh Museum- 166 Reviews, 176 Photos
- Flower Market - Bloemenmarkt- 66 Reviews, 102 Photos
- Heineken Brewery- 98 Reviews, 139 Photos
See All Amsterdam Things to Do