"Oak trees and Meadows" Christinalust by pieter_jan_v
Christinalust Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 14 photos
Thanks to the new VT I went out to explore Christinalust.
One of the new VT features is Destinations In and Around and I just was curious about the names around my hometown. Of the whole list I got from destinations around Hengelo, Christinalust was unknown to me.
Well, it's a beautiful piece of nature south of Twekkelo. Nobody lives there, no hotels, no transportation, no nightlife etc..
Enjoy this typical Twente landscape!
Along the sand road to Christinalust these so called Zouthuisjes are constructed. Inside there are pums for mining the salt layers deep below. The salty water is pumped to the AKZO-factory in Hengelo, where it is purified and processed.
2015 update: A part of the area will be transformed into a nature cemetery in 2016. Thereafter the now close-to-the-public areas will be opened to the general public.
- Pros:Beautiful nature
- Cons:Just for walkers
- In a nutshell:Peaceful Twente
pieter_jan_v's Related Pages
Christinalust Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Christinalust
- 3 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (273)
Have you been to Christinalust?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Christinalust
Photos in ChristinalustSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 547 reviews, 1681 photos, 36 travelogues
- London Intro, 308 reviews, 1237 photos, 17 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 140 reviews, 604 photos, 22 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 72 reviews, 642 photos, 10 travelogues
- Hengelo Intro, 191 reviews, 501 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 92 reviews, 512 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 184 reviews, 419 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 131 reviews, 466 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 70 reviews, 472 photos, 7 travelogues
- Haarlem Intro, 181 reviews, 360 photos, 7 travelogues