"Deurningen" Deurningen by pieter_jan_v
Deurningen Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 23 photos
Deurningen started as a small farmer's village in the Middle Ages controlled by the Oldenzaal parish. During the 80 year war the village was alternately under control by Dutch and Spanish armies.
In 1626 the Spanish are defeated and the Catholics have a hard time under Protestant Dutch control till the Second English war of 1665-1667.
Bernhard van Galen, bishop of Münster conquered the area and Deurning together with Rossum, Saasveld, De Lutte and parts of Weerselo start their own parish in 1665.
Services were held in farm barns.
In 1760 Deurningen became the hometown of the pastor of the parish.
In 1781 theconstruction of the pastor home was finished. Hereafter the construction of the church strated on grounds of erve Wilthuis.
In 1787 this first church was completed.
In 1830 The church was replaced by a new building and enlarged in 1856.
In 1912 a third church replaced the second church.
- Pros:Small village
- In a nutshell:A gateway to hidden parts of Twente
Museum "Blik op het Verleden" is located in the former bakery/grocery shop of Heny and Marietje Pelster. This typical... more travel advice
Pelle's is Deurningen's local bar. There are menu's from Euro 12.50. Inside you can play billiards. The café... more travel advice
pieter_jan_v's Related Pages
Deurningen Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Deurningen
- 11 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (272)
Have you been to Deurningen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Deurningen
Photos in DeurningenSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 539 reviews, 1663 photos, 35 travelogues
- London Intro, 308 reviews, 1237 photos, 17 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 140 reviews, 604 photos, 22 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 72 reviews, 642 photos, 10 travelogues
- Hengelo Intro, 186 reviews, 488 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 92 reviews, 512 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 184 reviews, 419 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 131 reviews, 465 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 70 reviews, 472 photos, 7 travelogues
- Haarlem Intro, 181 reviews, 360 photos, 7 travelogues