"Eemnes" Eemnes by pieter_jan_v
Eemnes Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 5 photos
I totally forgot we visited Eemnes some years ago to explore a thrift store.
I must have seen the village in the distance when travelling to AMsterdam via the A1 highway.
Eemnes means a stretch of land or spit in the Eem river.
The history of this settlement goes back to the 13th century when due to a lower average water level the delta could be transformed into farmland.
In the 16th century canals were dug and a real Dutch polder created.
- Pros:Located at 2 highways
- Cons:Not a tourist attraction
- In a nutshell:Just outside the busy Randstad
pieter_jan_v's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Eemnes
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (289)
Have you been to Eemnes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Eemnes
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 655 reviews, 1955 photos, 37 travelogues
- London Intro, 308 reviews, 1238 photos, 17 travelogues
- Aachen Intro, 198 reviews, 633 photos, 23 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 140 reviews, 622 photos, 23 travelogues
- Hengelo Intro, 200 reviews, 543 photos, 9 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 72 reviews, 642 photos, 10 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 92 reviews, 512 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 184 reviews, 419 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 131 reviews, 469 photos, 9 travelogues
- Haarlem Intro, 182 reviews, 365 photos, 8 travelogues