Hengelo Nightlife Tips by pieter_jan_v
Hengelo Nightlife: 10 reviews and 24 photos
't Neutje - Hengelo Ov
Cafe 't Neutje is housed in the oldest house (1652) of Hengelo.
Each Thursday night free live music.
Th: From 8PM
Sa: From 8PM
Su: From one hour before major league games start
Address: Pastoriestraat 14 - 7551 DK Hengelo Ov
Directions: From the Market Square take the Market Street, cross the Willem street and enter the Pastoriestraat. In the middle at your right hand side lies your destination.
RABO Theater - Hengelo
The RABO Theater is build on the location where the old city theater used to be.
The new building has two halls.
Dress Code: Depending on the show you visit
Address: Beursstraat 44 - 7551 HV Hengelo Ov
Directions: East of the train station
Nacht van Hengelo
The Nacht van Hengelo (The Hengelo Night) is an annual event at the end of May/Beginning of June, when there are several cycling races on a route through center city. At the Market Square next to the finish line there is live music and other activities.
Dress Code: As you are.
Address: Center city
Directions: Market square - Hengelo
Theme: Live Music
Cafe 't Pleintje
't Pleintje is located at one of the busiest locations in Hengelo next to the City Hall.
It is very popular among youngsters.
Address: Burg. Jansenplein 25 - 7551 ED Hengelo Ov
Directions: Just go from the Market Square to City Hall.
Metropool - Hengelo Ov
Metropool is a modern building dedicated to popmusic, housing a big stage (Jupiler Stage), a smaller one (Het Paradijs) and several rehersal rooms. A Grand Café also is part of the building that opened in 2009.
Metropool started after the close-down of Fashion and its successor Babylon. A society was set-up by local pop musicians and their fans to continue concerts for the young. Metropoool was previously housed at the Ariënsschool at the Wemenstraat 38.
Dress Code: Come as you are.
Address: Industrieplein 10 - 7553 LL Hengelo
Directions: Hart van Zuid exit of the Train Station.
Theme: Live Music
In the Beekstraat a new SPACE Cinema opened end December 2003.
During 2004 it has been sold and called UTOPOLIS from that date.
There are 4 halls, all equiped with stage seating and XXXL screens combined with Dolby Digital Surround EX & DTS sound systems.
The main hall has High Definition TV too, to relay pop-concerts, spors or other events and shows.
Well, cinema's are not profitable anymore. In the neighbouring Enschede the last traditional cinema closed and UTOPOLIS turned out to be an utopia.; it closed in September 2006.
2009 update: After a long wait, the cinema opened again in April 2009 and now is called CINEMA HENGELO.
The big hall has now has a three dimensional computer controlled projector.
Address: Beekstraat 41 - 7551 DP Hengelo Ov
Directions: West side street of the Market Square
The Pastoriestraat houses some of the better Hengelo Bars. In the vicinity there is the New York disco.
Directions: Between Brink and City Hall
RACOON performing at the Hengelo Market Square
The Hengelo Market Square in essence is a dull square with state of the art tiles, 3 pilars with spotlights in between and the Brink tower with advertisement screens and a digital clock that was one step beyond.
Beside the local market on Wednesdays and Saturdays a couple of times per year the square is transformed into a place with activities like the Tropical Night, Night of Hengelo (bicycle races), Uitmarkt (start of the theater season), a Christmas Market or a Pop concert.
Dress Code: Come as you go.
Address: Markt - Hengelo
Directions: At the Brinktoren.
Theme: Family Spot
The Sky at night
Just discovered this nice Heavens-Above link that shows me the sky at night.
Dress Code: Warm clothes.
Address: Anywhere in Hengelo.
More Reviews (191)
- See All Nooit Vergeten (Never Forgotten)
- See All Enschedesestraat reconstructed
- See All Sports
- See All Pavilion in the park
- See All Bicycle parking at the station
pieter_jan_v's Related Pages
Hengelo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "HENGELO, the place where I live."
- "Where I Did Have To Change Trains"
- "Home Guard"
- "my relation to the town of Hengelo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hengelo
- Hotels in Hengelo
- Transportation in Hengelo
- Nightlife in Hengelo
- Restaurants in Hengelo
- Shopping in Hengelo
- Warnings and Dangers in Hengelo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hengelo
- 200 Reviews
- 542 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 51 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (289)
Have you been to Hengelo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hengelo
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Euromeet 2016 has started ..."
- updated a Hengelo Travel Page "HENGELO, the place where I live."
- Wrote a Review Nooit Vergeten (Never Forgotten) in Hengelo Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Nooit Vergeten (Never Forgotten)"
- Commented on one of pieter_jan_v's Hengelo travel pages
Photos in HengeloSee All Photos (542)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 655 reviews, 1955 photos, 37 travelogues
- London Intro, 308 reviews, 1238 photos, 17 travelogues
- Aachen Intro, 198 reviews, 633 photos, 23 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 140 reviews, 622 photos, 23 travelogues
- Hengelo Intro, 200 reviews, 543 photos, 9 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 72 reviews, 642 photos, 10 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 92 reviews, 512 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 184 reviews, 419 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 131 reviews, 469 photos, 9 travelogues
- Haarlem Intro, 182 reviews, 365 photos, 8 travelogues