"The heart of Dutch Radio & Television" Top 5 Page for this destination Hilversum by pieter_jan_v
Hilversum Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 94 photos
The reason why I come to the town of Hilversum is R A D I O. At the end of the sixties I became a big fan of Radio Veronica, a commercial station broadcasting on AM from the vessel Nerderney on the Nothsea outside the territorial borders of The Netherlands. From mid 1970 I was a huge fan of the "Adje Bouman Top Tien" radioprogram and later became the co-founder of Adje's Fanclub (the ABF). In 1974 the government made it illegal to support transmissions from sea and Veronica stopped its transmissions. From there it was a long battle to become the legal Broadcast Society, the VOO. However the old Veronica radio feeling is still alive. After a short testperiod at 1224 kHz, the old guys set up Radio 192, which was trying to get a FM frequency. This lasted until August 2004, when Radio 192 ran out of money and stopped their presented programs.
Three new stations emerged:
- Laser Radio
- Veronica 192
- Radio Mi-Amigo 192
- Extra Gold
But you also can hear the former DJ's at stations like:
- Radio Nunspeet
- MDM Time
Next to revival of the sixties radio, 2 more stations were setup. Radio538 is a modern radio station and the more recent Radio Veronica is an 80s-90s station.
The Norderney association once more organised a reunion of the former Radio Veronica staff at the end of August 2004. Like 5 years before on 1224, now the 828 kHz was available for 2 weeks of "old fashioned" radio broadcasts, again from the makeshift studio at Hotel Lapershoek, the former Radio Veronica headquarter.
have a look at the pictures
<- Picture by H. ten Brink
- Pros:So much good music
- Cons:It's radio and televison only
- In a nutshell:Hillywood
Don't be surprised when walking through Hilversum you are caught for an interview. Camera's are everywhere! more travel advice
pieter_jan_v's Related Pages
Hilversum Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hilversum - in the middle of the Netherlands"
- "Hilversum Page"
- "The heart of Dutch Radio & Television"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hilversum
- Hotels in Hilversum
- Transportation in Hilversum
- Restaurants in Hilversum
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hilversum
- 12 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (113)
Have you been to Hilversum?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hilversum
Photos in HilversumSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 535 reviews, 1623 photos, 31 travelogues
- London Intro, 308 reviews, 1237 photos, 17 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 140 reviews, 604 photos, 22 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 72 reviews, 642 photos, 10 travelogues
- Hengelo Intro, 172 reviews, 455 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 92 reviews, 512 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 184 reviews, 419 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 131 reviews, 462 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 70 reviews, 472 photos, 7 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 78 reviews, 445 photos, 10 travelogues